Turning mutual 'meh' feelings into FWB?

There's a guy from my town, a few years older than me, who works for a nearby branch of my company. We crossed paths a few weeks ago and he asked for my number. I gave it to him largely because I was surprised that he recognized me; in that setting, I do not normally give out my number. He called but didn't leave a message and then sent a text that didn't really require a response, a minute later.

I felt pretty meh about the whole interaction, and his communiques didn't give me much to work with, so didn't text him back until the following day. Our convo was mostly him grilling me about the particulars of my life -- who I live with, number of kids, relationship status, etc. Never asked what I'm interested in, what my job is, etc. So, I felt even more meh. However, I get so little male attention that I worried I'd keep texting him even though I clearly had no interest in him. So I deleted his number from my phone, and his texts and call history.

Fast forward to yesterday, and he walked into my job! Not to see me, it was work related. I noticed he's quite tall (good, because I am quite a tall woman), and he's got nice lips. We chatted and on the way out he told me to text him. I was on the phone, so I just nodded. But...I don't have his number anymore! And I don't know who would have it. Furthermore, if he's telling me to text him, he's either incredibly ambivalent/lazy, or he deleted my number. So clearly, we're not interested in each other as people.

Buuut, I'm guessing that I'm his physical type, and I like the way he looks, and this is a rare situation for me. So I'm willing to put in the work to get his number, for the chance at a purely physical relationship. My question is: how the heck do I get in touch with him??? Do I go to his job and happen to run into him? Do I try to find him on FB? (Don't know his last name, and his first name is common.) Do I see if someone at my job knows him and has his number? Or is this a waste of time, and I should leave it alone until a better opportunity comes along?

I'm not really the type to confuse lustful feelings with loving feelings, so I'm not worried about getting emotionally tangled up in this guy. And I'm not actively on the hunt for anything with anyone...but when a situation falls into my lap like this, I feel obligated to put in some effort! :-p

You would know best how to find him...any common point of contact. I personally wouldn't hunt too hard, leave it up to him to make contact. If he's interested enough to make it worth your time, he'll make an effort eventually. He's got your number and name, and knows where you work, after all.