BFF Actual Feelings. Wants more?

Hey Everyone, i am in a rather slight predicament, i dont know what my female best friend is actually thinking. I guess that's not really a surprise :laugh:.

Your help would be much appreciated, if she wants more, she sometimes hints and acts weird...here it goes, the details.

First of all, she was in a disfunctional relationship when she actually did try to hit on me but i didn't reciprocrate, few years back.(i had just goten out of a RL) She admited to it and said it was just a crush, glad we remained friends.

Now she is in a new relationship, fairly new. We often still talk on the phone and the ocasional meetup, harder now since i have moved away.

We somehow manage to always reach these sensitive topics, to wich she answers in a very low voice...generally followed by a pressing silence as if she would want to say more., but does not. I only probed her once about it and that was it. I asked her if there's something she would like to say to wich she replid. 'it's not what you think....' . Wasnt sure if she was onto me or not, i just left it be.

She would leave hints like 'well we never actually tried betwen us...' and similar stuff. She sweet talks me often, tho since the new relationship it kinda stopped. Much to say.

Sometimes when i give her a compliment or try to cross the line to probe her, she does go 'ey, you know we aren't like that...stop'...but she says it wich such uncertainty in her voice. And despite that she get's all cute arround me, then pulls back.

So i really don't know, we go way back.

Could this just be her acting all friendly, could it be some underlying feelings but she doesn't want to take it further? Would she? I am confused most of the time. Because i would pursue it.

Thanks...sorry for the mess.