Is she not into me?

I've known her for almost 3 month in a college, we always work on assignment and other stuff. We made a lot of playful & friendly physical contact, when we sit nearby, we will touch each other to get attention instead of calling names.

I thought that these small gesture is a strong indicator that we are comfortable and into each other, so I told her that I like her and she respond by "are you out of your mind?" and says we only know each other for 2 month and ask me to rethink it.

I told her to relax, I know we only know each other in short time, that is why i said "like" and not "love". so she said thanks for letting her know that.

I feel that she doesnt get the message that I am into her and wanted to know her better, or does she believe that people should start dating when they are truly in love?

No, she's not into you.

Her interest is merely platonic and friendly.

Girls can do this, really easily.

Guys, not so much.

Guys tend to form friendships with girls because they want to move it up a notch to physical/intimate.

Girls are quite comfortable having guy friends.

If she had been interested in more, she would have made it clearer, by now.

You're a college buddy, nothing more.

IMO.

She got the message loud & clear that you fancy her. She does not feel the same way. You are her study buddy. She likes joking around with you but doesn't want to date you.

You can keep studying with her if you like. But sit on the other side of the table & decrease the touching. She sees you as just a friend.

She's just a friendly person. If someone is looking for romance, it can be very easy to mistake someone's basic personality for more than what it is. Outgoing people make everyone feel they are liked and entertained, but it only has to do with their personalities, not you. Just be observant. You'll see she's just friendly in general.