on / off fwb

When there are a lot of breaks between the sexual activity and friendly meetings, I found it impossible to become emotionally attached, so I was never affected by those types of relationships.

So my advice: keep your feelings safe, enjoy the experience, and USE PROTECTION at all times!:cool:

My very first FWB after a 5+ year relationship breakup was a little rocky. I was looking for meaningless sex and someone that I can talk to (didn't care much about hanging out in public). The guy really wanted more of a f-buddy and kept saying yes he wanted FWB, but was put off that I would text him. And I would ask him like a bunch of times if we want the same thing, and he kept saying yes, but would act differently. Anyways, towards the end, I got a little attached (not feelings wise, more like I wanted to exercise the friend part of the FWB). He went cold on me and we ended it; he went to even block me from everything (phone, fb, etc). Well, 2 months later, he pops back into my life.. saying he missed what we had. I gave it one more shot. He again, didn't really know what he wanted, after I stressed to him that it won't go down like last time and he had to be sure. So we broke it off again and stopped talking for a bit. Then he came back into my life a month or 2 later, but I told him straight up that I'm done with the confusing back and forth (he really doesn't know what he wants). So we actually stayed just friends and we talk a good amount now. He still insinuates sexual talks/jokes, but never pushes it for physical. Although from how he jokes, I know he's waiting for me to offer it again.

My 2nd FWB was more of a real FWB and he started having feelings for me, so I ended it. Plus he was an ******* lol

• Like 1
  • Author

My FWB was someone I used to date. He ended it but it wasnt very long dating. I got back in touch months later. The contact was just friendly for a while.

We started hooking up very randomly & I started to get feelings for him again. I could sense he didnt for me. I backed away from him and cooled it. Then he started coming back and contacting me daily and speaking of seeing each other lots. I was very happy.

But it was all BS as he met someone and dropped me. I let rip at him as I was upset and I dont talk to him now. He doesnt talk to me either.

Do they ever come back sniffing around later?

My FWB was someone I used to date. He ended it but it wasnt very long dating. I got back in touch months later. The contact was just friendly for a while.

We started hooking up very randomly & I started to get feelings for him again. I could sense he didnt for me. I backed away from him and cooled it. Then he started coming back and contacting me daily and speaking of seeing each other lots. I was very happy.

But it was all BS as he met someone and dropped me. I let rip at him as I was upset and I dont talk to him now. He doesnt talk to me either.

Do they ever come back sniffing around later?

Well, see, that's different. You guys went from dating, even if it's short term, to FWB. It becomes tricky because you had feelings (or developed something for him). I have one motto when I get involved with a FWB (and I tell them straight up when we agree on this type of relationship): I do not date one who I just use as physical needs.

But answering your question, yea he probably would come look for you when/if he breaks up with that chick. He will use you as rebound or for the time being. You can go along with it WITHOUT FEELINGS INVOLVED if you want to get your needs satisfied. But if you got that hurt, I suggest do not contact him and ignore him when he does come around.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, see, that's different. You guys went from dating, even if it's short term, to FWB. It becomes tricky because you had feelings (or developed something for him). I have one motto when I get involved with a FWB (and I tell them straight up when we agree on this type of relationship): I do not date one who I just use as physical needs.

But answering your question, yea he probably would come look for you when/if he breaks up with that chick. He will use you as rebound or for the time being. You can go along with it WITHOUT FEELINGS INVOLVED if you want to get your needs satisfied. But if you got that hurt, I suggest do not contact him and ignore him when he does come around.

When we broke up from dating, it was only 2 months, then was a period of no contact then.

When I was over it I sent a random text as I was going on a vacation somewhere I knew he had been and he gave me some good tips on places to go. Then the friendly contact started from there.

We hadnt seen each other for a year when we saw each other again. Then it was just very random hook ups but texting every week or more. I got sick of it and he started acting like he wanted more so then I started getting feelings too.

its a shame. I thought we were good together. Friends as well as sexually.