How terribly bad is it to like him so much?

Hopeless1984

He is an old friend but also works in the church that I attend. He is married and I am also in a relationship. I can't stop myself from fantasizing about him. I try to stop but my mind wanders. I feel like I really like him a lot. I don't know why I'm so attracted to him. How can I stop this?

Enjoy the fantasy but remind yourself that you are both taken & that adultery is a sin. Pray for the strength to stop thinking about him. Plan fun romantic things with your SO. Do not spend any time alone one on one with him.

• Like 2
  • Author
Enjoy the fantasy but remind yourself that you are both taken & that adultery is a sin. Pray for the strength to stop thinking about him. Plan fun romantic things with your SO. Do not spend any time alone one on one with him.

Oh god I never spend alone time with him! I am not an adulterous person, nor have I ever been. It's crazy though how I can't stop thinking of this man. He's everything that I could imagine I'd want in a man. Including submissive to God. I know the irony in that is crazy. Me practicing adultery while saying I want a man after the lord. It doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not fantasize about him while you make love to your partner? Nobody will know. Just don't call out his name in the process!

And as Basil said, it will eventually subside (though never completely disappear). Just keep it platonic. Best advice is to stay away from him as much as possible.