work colleague

Has anyone entered a relationship with someone who you work with closely.

In my case we are in a small office (5 people), her desk backs onto mine.

Understandably my biggest fear is that if we had an arguement or broke up, work would be a living hell.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation. What happened?

Oh yeah, lots of these stories on Loveshack. Many do end badly. Often people end up needing to change jobs, or just wishing they could. Do a search and you'll see plenty.

I think it's worth the effort to find potential romantic partners almost ANYWHERE else than at your job.

SuperFantastico

ok 2 problems with work love

1 - anything goes wrong, you are stuck with them all day at work and possible

when you get off work too.

2 - Even in the best relationships you need some space apart. If you both have

the exact same experiences, what are you gonna talk about. you talk all day

at work then when you get home. It will get old real fast.

3 - even when you break-up with them, you will be forced to see them 8 hours

a day, 5 days a week. That is horrible.

I went out with a girl from work for a few weeks, three years ago. It didn't lead to anything serious, but neither one of us let it affect our work relationship, which is actually very limited. We met at a work party and that is how I got to know here. I work in a very large office though and we are on different floors. With you being in a small office, there is a much greater possibility of negative consequences. I would advise against it, but you can decide for yourself whether it is worth the risk. And yes, you can search through some other posts here to see what could happen when things go bad. I guess I was pretty lucky in retrospect.

I agree with the above concerns. However we have staff that met while working together at our agency, began dating and have been married for the past 3 years. So I guess it can work. And they talk to each other at the office and appear to be happy.

I myself may be in a similar situation. I am about to ask a coworker out who sits practically two desks away. Im not sure how she will react. She told me several months ago that she would never date a coworker. I myself said that I would not date a coworker. But it is not that simple if you have feelings.

good luck.