How to deal with a passive-agressive classmate?

Mondmellonw

She lives near my house and we always go to school together for the same reason, however, she is always trying to put me down, she makes "indirect" comments about me to me (how my hair is horrible and I should be in jail for that; this is what she said today, for example...) she tells to others I'm a very selfish person and she constantly tries to make others hate me.

I think this is bullying, but we're both on our twenties, so it's kinda odd to me that she is acting this way when we are at college and we are both basically adults.

However, school time has been getting very, very draining because of this.

How do I deal with her?

I don't honestly see any solution...

Just stop. You are under no obligation to spend time with her.

I would say something along the lines of since you think I am so awful & I should be in jail, I've decided to let you go to school by yourself.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. The fact that she is in her 20's and she acts like a child is pretty surprising, but the lack of backbone you have to stand up for yourself is also pretty bad. The people you hang out with are a reflection of who you are. People are going to start thinking that you just follow anyone who dominates you, or even bullies you. Just shrug her off and go on your own if you can. If she asks why you left her, just tell her with a straight face that you've had enough of her insecurities. I've done it, it works.

• Like 1

you're allowing her to get away with it by going to class with her and interacting at all. why can't you just end whatever friendship exists? simple solution. you shouldn't be around her, not sure why you can't figure that out.

• Author

Thanks everyone!

The thing here is.. I already tried to do that. But when I did, her attacks got less passive agressive and more like bullying. I honestly am not afraid of her, but I just want to have a more peaceful time when I'm at school. And, to be honest, she is one of the most difficult persons I'd ever dealt with so far. She even bullies a professor she is attracted to, just because he doesn't pays attention to her. There is no way to be at peace with her. She just wants everyone to be a slave for her... And I do think it is not an immaturity thing. It is something different.

PS: No, I don't want to be this person's doormat. I just want some peace.