Long term friend

nightingal

I have been friends with a guy for a very long time now. While we were hanging out one day(as we always do) he made a remark about me looking sexy if I exercise more. I've never heard him speak to me like this before, should I be worried? We hang out quite a lot, and he has been touchy feely lately and this raised several questions in my mind.

Was this just a casual statement that I can ignore and be friends with him like before? Or is there anything more to it? I do not want to give him any wrong signals if this meant something else.

Do you have any romantic interest in him or not? You're unclear. My take is he likes you but doesn't like your body unless you lose weight. I wouldn't be trying to date him if it was me. I mean, I'm sure there's things you'd like to change about him too, like not being so shallow that a couple extra pounds are stopping him from wanting to date you.

• Author

We've been friends for a while and heard him talk about other gals before, so I do not have any such feelings towards him. Besides, am not overweight or anything as such, am a very skinny person and trying to put on some weight . Yesterday when we met, he complimented saying I was looking really great after gaining some weight and made this remark.

I keep wondering if am giving him any wrong signals looking at the way he has been touching me for a while. I just wasn't sure if he was being friendly with me or if I was overthinking?