When a guy "friend" text you EVERY DAY

This guy I met sends me a text everyday. I knew him for almost 3~4 months. We go out get drinks few times. [Ok I admit, we did kissed.]

Crazy thing is he never called me, but texts me every day.

We have good conversation over text, and it's really weird how our messages gets really elaborate and it almost turned into an email. Typically he only texts me once or twice a day and that's it. So I kept it at that pace: he writes a long chain of texts, and I respond to that chain of texts, once or twice a day.

It really sounds awkward but I can't leave that long string of message unresponded, seems so rude! :D

He even told me once that he doesn't like phone calls, he prefers texts or email. Since we carry our phones everyday everywhere, I guess texting is a good way of chatting?

I don't really understand, when a man send you texts every day for a considerable amount of time (3-4 months is quarter of a year!) does that mean he likes you? I don't even text my BFFs every day, that is a lot of persistence?!

Or is he just texting a buddy/brother/sister? -- like I don't even text my sister every day.

Or he' just weird?! :lmao:

Its not weird. He has intimacy issues & for sure he's texting others. If you like him, don't play that game. Force his hand. He's texting you solely because you let him. Don't do it.

LuckyLady13

If my guy friends didn't text me every day with long chains about anything and everything, I'd be horrified! We live far apart these days and send videos back and forth, pictures like crazy and talk every time we get a chance. Lunch breaks or dinner breaks, whenever we have some time. It's possible this guy is used to being "close" to people the way I am and didn't think anything was out of the ordinary when he started barraging you with texts.

My friends and I have embraced technology to keep us close despite our physical distance and also, a text can be responded to whenever the other person has time. It's not like a phone call. There's never that awkward "I have to go, something came up" scenario. You get to it when you get to it and that's alright.

It feels like I've been having one long conversation with multiple people for a few years non-stop now. I didn't used to be able to share videos with them so easily. If I'm down at the beach and they can't come, I shoot video while I'm there and talk to the camera as if they are right there with me. It's the closest thing I have to being with them sometimes. I love technology! When I can't travel to see them, I love the videos they shoot for me of where they are or the new cool car or truck they bought, a storm rolling in that I'm too far away to see.

This doesn't mean this guy doesn't like you but he may be used to another way of being with people compared to you. He could potentially like you but you'll have to ask him about that. He's the only one who knows for sure and can tell you.

Clarence_Boddicker

I text a lot. I don't do wall o text texts though. Cell phones are hard for me to hear with any background noise due to my hearing loss. When I'm driving or working, calls are inconvenient, where texting is fine because you don't have to respond in an instant. I prefer calls in the morning before getting out of bed, maybe at lunch & especially at night before bed.

Fleur de cactus

Texting is ok as long they make a sense. People in relationship like it since it help them to be close. They can talk about nothing and anything.

However, my ex was obsessive with texting. He could text anytime even 2 or 3 AM, or at work when I was very busy. As soon he was alone he was bored and stated texting. He had so many women's numbers, if one could not respond he was lucky to find someone. His txt did not mean anything most of the time it was " hey what are you doing, I am bored, when are coming back, why you dont respond? and so on. He was like a kid. I did not like it.