Is he stringing me along...

I started an intense graduate program where I spend approx. 40 hours a week with my classmates. I just finished my first year and became good friends with a guy in my class. He is 40 y/o and divorced because his wife left him for a women about 5 years ago. Many of my classmates swore there was a connection but I kept insisting that we were just friends until I became sexually attracted to him and my feelings started to grow stronger. I expressed my interest to him and he was quite surprised.

Our conversations via text and in person overtime became more sexual and he would initiate almost all of them. Due to our busy schedule, we decided to go on a real date when classes ended. When our classes did end, we went out twice with a group of friends but body language and behavior wasn't the same as our conversations via text. It was more of a friend relationship in person. I confronted him about it because I was confused and he pulled the we are here for a reason and that is school. Right now the focus is school...then proceeded to pull the "sister" card. I'm sorry but unless he is into incest, brothers and sisters do not have the conversations like we had.

After the talk knowing I was upset, he still persisted to be around me the next day. He left his hat in my car and messaged me saying he hopes I didn't do anything too naughty with his hat. He then left to go to Europe and still managed to take time and email me while over there.

Just want input or if someone has been in a similar situation...do you think he is scared and maybe interested? or just wants to keep me as a friend? Stringing me along because he is too focused with school? It doesn't make sense to send me sexual messages or ask for pictures and then not make a move with me.

Edited by EMY711
La.Primavera

People who are lonely, horny and under stress sometimes do things to let off steam. His thing was sending you sexual texts. I doubt he had a sincere intention to follow through with it.

then proceeded to pull the "sister" card.

That is the deal breaker right there.

He knows you are interested so he thought it was funny to send you that text

saying he hopes I didn't do anything too naughty with his hat
He thinks he is funny and irresistible, gross.

I'm sorry but everything you have said about this guy screams waste of time. Any attention you give him only benefits his ego.