Is he interested in me?

Hi everyone,

I wanna share and ask something whether a guy who is my classmate interred in me or not. There is a guy I am interested in but I have no idea whether he is inserted in me or not. I asked him out once after I started texting him 2-3 times. He never initiated texting me after the first date. Actually, he never inititated texting before the first date as well. During the date, I told him to let me know when he is free for the second date. He asked me what would happen if he doesn't let me know. I told him I would talk to him anymore and then I told him "just kidding". I would call you.

He mentioned a few times that he is not good at initiating and making appointment. And also he sincerely said he enjoyed the time with me and thanks!

So, now I am confused whether he likes me or just think as friend. During the date, he did pay attention to me all the time. Actually, the date was meant for only lunch but he asked me where I wanted to go after the lunch. And then I told him a few places and finally we decided to watch movie. After movie, he also dragged a bit before we say bye. So I thought he might like me but he never initiate texting me after the first date. So I texted him after 5 days from the date and teased him "hello stranger". He asked me why I called him as stranger. I told him we didn't talk quite awhile. He said "not even 1 week yet".

So now, my colleagues said I shouldn't contact him anymore and wait for his move.

I wanna know whether he shows the mixed signal or just being a nice guy to me. Please help me to answer.

Thanks..

La.Primavera

I'm getting more of a friend vibe from him but that might just be his personality. If you want to keep in seeing him you are going to have to seriously lower your expectations. From now on expect that you will be doing most of the initiating and planning. He doesn't sound like the type of guy that is going to sweep you off your feet.

If that doesn't appeal to you then you should start looking for a new guy.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I don't mind to initiate again but I am just worried that he is just being nice and friendly to me but no interest at all.. So is it ok to initiate again? :o

stillafool

You will know that he is interested in you when he contacts you for a date. If he is saying that "not even a week yet" you are not a priority to him and his interest if any is low. Stop contacting him.

• Like 1
  • Author

I think I should give you guys more details how the first date happened. I asked him where indo food is good in Singapore. He told me 2 places. Then I asked him whether he is free on weekend and not doing over time. He said his parents come to Singapore that weekend. Then, I said great for him and enjoy your time with family. Then he asked me whether I am not going anywhere and not hanging out with friends. I said no. I will be free on Sunday. Then I asked he got plan to go out with his family. Then he said his parents will stay only 3 days and he thinks of it and he will be free on Sunday afternoon. Then I asked around what time. He said around 11:30 or 12, then I asked he is not going out with his parents. He said his parents going back early morning. Then I asked him whether he would like to go out with me or not on Sunday afternoon. He said ok. And asked me for lunch.

Yeah it happend our first date.

What do you all think of this situation? Is he too shy? Just friendly? So confused now..

stillafool

It sounded like you were the one doing all the work. You asked him out he didn't ask you out. I don't know if he's shy or not but it doesn't sound like it to me. There was nothing for him to do because you did all the pursuing. If you had sex with him on the first date he's gotten everything. Stop contacting him and see if he gets in touch with you. Otherwise leave him alone because he isn't interested anymore.

• Like 1

Look, his comments have been very disrespectful and like he has a chip on his shoulder and I'm telling you he isn't really interested in you. Probably would sleep with you, but he is NOT trying to impress you at all.