Christmas gift for friend turned girlfriend

Hello. As we all know, Christmas is coming up very soon. I still haven't had a chance to do my gift shopping, and I find myself having a bit of a problem deciding on what to get my grilfriend this year. The reason being that she has been my "girlfriend" only for the past several months, yet we have been good friends for over 3 years. So until this year, the gifts were more friendship-like (CDs, DVDs, books, etc.). But this year I want to get her something a bit more appropriate to where we are in our relationship. And this is where I'm having the trouble...finding the right "degree" of gift. So that's why I'm posting here, to get some other opinions/ideas from the good people on this forum.

Now, as you can guess, I'm looking for something that is beyond the "frienship gift", but not something you'd be buying for your 20th wedding anniversary, you know? Just something appropriate. As for the type of girl she is, she's not really materialistic, and she's not the type to go ga-ga over fancy jewelry and things like that, so if I go that route I'd be a little unsure of what to get. I was thinking something like a nice necklace, or earrings, or something along those lines. But again, what is appropriate? The things she enjoys most are music, concerts, reading, hockey, spending time with her pets, and doing crafts. But it seems that getting her anything in those categories would be too much a "friendship" gift. I know there must be something out there that could be both relationship-appropriate and something that interests her, but I guess I just haven't found it yet.

So that is my small dilema. I'm just looking for some input from different people. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd certainly appreciate them.

Thanks in advance,

T

hurtingandconfused

Remember it's the little things that count. You know her best, so just think of something small and make it interesting.

If I were you, I would get her a necklace. I don't know what your money situation is. I would go for a single diamond. She is your girlfirend now and you want to give her a gift that tells her that. You say you have been friends for a few years, so you need to give her something that is gonna catch her by suprise. Take one of of your CD or DVD cases and remove the CD and put the necklace inside. Wrap it, and give it to her. Make sure she opens it, and doesn't kick your ass for giving her a CD :)