Is my friend interested in me?

I have a close friend who I think may be interested in me. She is currently in a relationship but we still text almost everyday from morning till night. We get along fantastically and she has even called me her twin because we are so similar and get each other so well. She has even mentioned that we "complete each other." She's always willing to be there for me whenever I need help. Sometimes, I think she might harbor feelings for me.

However, what makes me unsure is that she still gives me relationship advice and doesn't seem to get jealous when I talk to her about other girls. Is there something more than friendship going on here? Or is this just a typical close friendship?

For me it sounds like a deep friendship but I can't tell you that for sure. You only know the answer. How long has she been in that relationship? Is she serious about the other guy?

You're in the friendzone. Otherwise she wouldn't be so happy about your relationships. No coming back from that.

• Like 1
La.Primavera

It sounds like a close friendship but if she is willing to help you with girls, that sounds completely platonic.

I am in a similar situation (just posted a thread about it).

I think you have a deep friendship with her and are in the friend-zone. The fact that she is giving you relationship advice tends to to make me think its just friends. There is a chance she could have feelings for her but you have to find this out by asking directly, or try to go more conservative by probing with questions.

I have had a situation play out where the girl really liked me and I have seen the same happen to a friend of mine. In both cases though we never took an initiative to find this out.

I had a situation develop a few years back where I met a girl named Amanda, we became good friends and she was always giving me relationship advice and would even make comments such as "I can't wait for you to find the right one".

I did have feelings for Amanda but I just assumed we were friends. And so I went on with dating, eventually found someone and dated her for 6 months.

Amanda got cold with me after I started dating this girl and I would soon find out she had a crush on me. Of course it was too late.

I eventually broke up with this girl 8 months later. Of course I wanted to go to Amanda. I even took the break up as, this sucks but I can now tell Amanda how I felt back then and see where things go. Sadly, I would find out she was dating someone else and that was that.

todreaminblue

If i liked a guy more than friends i could not give him relationship advice...i would say ....maybe i am not the one to ask.......and offer him someone else who might help him.........i give my exes relationship advice which is sort of funny really that they ask me...........but i dont feel anything remotely like jealousy......i just want to help them.....when i like a guy......i might feel jealousy but i wouldnt outwardly show it or make them feel uncomfortable if i am a friend of his as friends dont do that...i would distance myself.....because it would hurt a bit.....and i can be defensive towards a guy i am crushing on....i dont believe in competing though...last thing i would want to talk about is him being with someone else...i would want to see him happy but not at the expense of my sinking heart being a sounding board for him .........i would try my hardest to maintain distance.........

to me it sounds like a close platonic friendship in your case.....deb

• Author

Well, the reason I think that she gives me relationship advice is that I kind of rejected her. When she was single, I feel like she flirted with me a little bit. I didn't reciprocate though so maybe that's why she went back to being platonic.

• 3 weeks later...
AGoodFriend

She is interested in you, but is suppressing it because she is willing to accept you guys as "just friends."

I am in a relationship with someone who was like my best friend for three years.

We look back and laugh at all the Facebook messages we sent. All of the interactions we had. One time we even held hands briefly, before pulling our hands back. We think "How could we not have known we liked each other?" It wasn't until late last year, when she sent me a message saying "I love you" and I responded in kind, did we realize that we were on the cusp of a romantic relationship.

She told me about some relationships she was in during the time and I was always there to listen to her and help her as best as I could. I didn't get jealous about said relationships until AFTER we became a couple. See thread here: http://http://www.loveshack.org/forums/transitioning/friends-lovers/529501-can-t-get-image-out-my-head-2.html

The only advice I can give you, in my own opinion, is that the things that didn't bother you about her as a friend could bother you as a boyfriend. If she told you about one-night stands or previous boyfriends and the like, when you were friends, you didn't worry about it. She was your FRIEND. As a boyfriend, it's a different ballgame. All those girls you told her about? Yeah, maybe she wasn't jealous AT THE TIME.

So check how secure you are with whatever past info you have about her before proceeding, and vice versa for her.