Big problem have little time to receive reply

Not exactly sure where to post this but this spot seemed to fit the most.

I have posted a week ago I think about this girl that lives directly across from in apartment complex.

She did not treat me well and I let her treat me poorly for a year. I ended the friendship/friendship plus relationship. I haven't talk with her for a week or more.

The last I talked with her I had told her that she was a liar, self centered, and a manipulator. I pointed out why I felt this way and asked her to leave me alone. She did for a week and a half or so.

I have had no real time to fix my problems, and am definitely not ready for her to talk with me. I fear I will fall into same sympathy trap.

Just one hour ago I was sitting on my porch having a smoke(I live on the first floor and so does she) She comes walking out of her place and out of the blue she starts talking to me. I opened my big mouth and talked back. Dammit why did I have to talk back. it has been the recent routine that she would ignore me and I her.

I am not ready for this. I am kindof panicking! Worried about falling into the same mess that I just got out of!

Edited by digdug75
DrReplyInRhymes

Hold fast, be calm, and stick to your guns with the situation you made,

Friendly chitchat doesn't mean you have to not let still let the friendship fade,

A courteous greeting here and there, nothing wrong with being polite,

Unless, of course, that's really want you want...then I suppose it's alright.

• Author

Thank you both for your replies! Things happened a little sooner then expected. this is what happened. She text me asking if I wanted to come over for a smoke. I said "um yes". We had a smoke on her porch. She told me about her current issues. Then she asked me if we are still friends. I told her that I wasn't sure how to answer that question. I left to go pick up my Chinese food. Then figured out how to answer the question. I told her that I would really like to say yes we are still friends, but I would eventually want more out of the relationship. I told her that it wouldn't be good for either of us. I said I can offer being a buddy if she needed some one who will listen to her. that I can do that. She said no I am good. then said I respect that. sorry I cannot start a new paragraph. there is some kind of glitch. Did I do and say the right thing? did I let myself be a doormat again?

Edited by digdug75
  • Author
So you have a crush on her but it's not reciprocated?

Not really! I fell in love with her march of last year. for a short period she led me to believe she may feel the same way about me. I was wrong, and allowed myself to be used and manipulated by her until about 2 weeks ago. She decided she wanted to be best friends plus, about june of last year.

This relationship was my fault. there were signs and I chose to ignore them. I attempted to end friendship about a week and a half ago. we had not talked for that amount of time. Until today! she had broken up with her boyfriend a couple of days ago. I can only assume she wanted to use me again.

I knew that I if I said yes to friendship I would get emotionally attached again and didn't want that to happen, because like you said she doesn't want a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with me.