Should I confess to my guy friend

Hi I have placed a few posts about my situation but things have moved on a little. Basically I really like a guy I live with and I think he likes me too as he has flirted and been suggestive. We also hang out now and then as friends but at the weekend when I was with him I looked up and he was starring at me in a way that looked like he really liked me. I was a bit shocked but it kind of confirmed what I had thought all along and then he saw me and then quickly looked at something else. I really like him too but sometimes he acts hot and cold with me. The other day I was in his room and he started talking about his ex gf and he seemed to still care for her and still wears her wrist band she made for him even though they split up a year ago. I wondered if this is the reason he is hot and cold and maybe he doesn't want commitment, but perhaps he is fond of me. Anyway to cut a long story, he may be leaving our apartment to go home for the summer and I just found out that I may or may not get another year placement where I am so I may have to leave too. I don't know whether to tell him how I feel now before he leaves in 2 months. The situation is driving me crazy. I can't stop thinking about him. I don't want to be in my home country thinking about him and thinking what if. He mentioned that he may visit my country over the summer for some work but it is not for certain. I also joked about coming to his country and he said I could do but I am not sure if he was just saying that. I don't want to get my hopes up. Is it better to tell him how I feel now and then move on. Do you think he will still want to be friends if he doesn't feel the same?

You can't casually date somebody you live with. You have to immediately go to exclusive because otherwise you would have to see the other person's dates & who needs that?

If he's still wearing gifts from the EX & talking about her at best you would be a rebound. You don't need that either. So I would not tell him how you feel.

Stay in touch over the summer & see how things play out next year when you don't live together.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hi thanks for your post. I appreciate your advice and what you say is true. It could work out as quite a bad situation if we are living together and it didn't work out, and at least I still have a friend so that's all good. Thanks a lot. :-)