Friendzoned,... yet feels like he is always trying to make me jealous

xpaperxcutx

So there's a situation where my friend whom I have known since early January asked me to be his girlfriend and after 3 weeks, he broke up with me. Please read my last post if you want more info.

Even though he has said we will remain friends and I somewhat harbor feelings for him, he has been acting weird with me. At times he's nice to me, but then he will do things that makes me think he doesn't like me at all. He will talk to me from time to time, even initiate text; but when I initiate text, he never responds to me.

Likewise, around our friends and classmates (we are in the same IT program and both 25) he will act like nothing ever happened between us (we never told any of our friends we dated because I hadn't wanted dating to interfere with our class). He will be social, always to the point he will talk about other girls in front of me and make me feel jealous and uncomfortable. When we go out with friends, he is always being flirtatious with other girls and also with me.

Today, I told a friend that I have feelings for the guy, and the friend said it was obvious and that the guy likes me as well. The friend told me the guy doesn't really flirt with girls, but he always talks about girls only when I was around. But I find it hard to believe that he liked me at all since he was the one who broke up with me.

I feel like I have to cut him off, but it's like every time, when I don't talk to him, he immediately contacts me.

My question is, why is he doing this?

Why did he break up with you? Did he give a reason?

It sounds like he's putting on a show for you, but whether that's because he likes you romantically or he's just soothing his ego for some reason is hard to say. What I don't like about the whole thing is he's punishing you any time you show interest, so that is not a healthy dynamic. He's pulling you close just so he can slap your face the next by disrespecting you. I'd say that no matter what he's up to, for me, that disrespect would be a dealbreaker because he's trying to make you feel bad and he seems to want to reject you over and over. Don't let him. Block his sorry ass.

I've been in this situation before.

He enjoys the flattery and you dug yourself a hole by continuing/agreeing to be friends with him after you told him of your feelings. This is why I tell guys early on and don't do the whole "friends first" thing. We're either going to get together or nothing. Being friends with someone you're attracted to (and who may be dating others) is just torture.