keep him as a friend?

makeithappen

Hello,

I had an argument with a friend over a petty thing - and it was a cold war for a few days. We both acted in an immature manner, but I feel like I am the only one trying to improve things, by asking to meet up and talk. He responded positively, but after a good silence. I don't know how to feel about this. Is he ready to let our friendship go, and go no contact? Moreover, I fear that I will be the only one taking responsibility for the unnecessary drama. I really want to see that he can be reasonable and apologise as well, but what if he does not?

What should I expect from him from the meeting, and when will I feel like it would be right to let him go away, and end my friendship?

Many thanks

Well, if you apologize, drag him into it too. I'm sorry the drama got out of hand, but it wasn't just me, you know. You played a part too.

If you can't see each other without arguing, end it.

• Author
Well, if you apologize, drag him into it too. I'm sorry the drama got out of hand, but it wasn't just me, you know. You played a part too.

If you can't see each other without arguing, end it.

Hello,

I never got round to having that planned meet-up. I briefly saw him and he looked like he did not want to speak to me. He literally spoke to me to ask me to give him back something, then left. It spoke volumes to me.

I don't feel prepared to speak to him.

I will ignore him, as he is ignoring me. I think back about our relationship and feel that it's best.

If you are sorry, say so without expecting anything back. Do what you feel you have to do. If this still leads to nowhere, then at least you can let the friendship go, with the thought that you have given it a shot.