what is wrong with my friend?!

I have noticed a sudden change in him. Especially his attitude and his online activities.

Since he is a busy man we mostly catch up online.

He went on his latest project in November to a remote location. With a team of guys.

The area was surrounded by mountains. valleys and waterfalls but mobile network was available.

Everything was fine until November 17th. Since that day he suddenly vanished. It was informed he had temporarily lost network because of his team and him working in remote area.

For at least 20 days he did not appear online though he HAD network. Not completely but on some days he had network. His friends were informing people he has no network etc. That means he WAS in touch with them thus he asked them to inform.

But he was not appearing on Facebook or Whatsapp. We were very worried.

He LIED that he had no network when he did have network.

Finally when he came back from that place, his online routine continued like before.

He comes very less. Though he is working on a new project now and he must be busy, yet he never acted like this.

Only for 4-5 days during new years eve, he was back to his old self.

What could have happened? Why did he lie about network? Was he stressed or upset? or could be had a fight with someone he interacted the most? or got into a relationship?

He used to stay up at midnight but now that also does not happen. Rarely it does.

Maybe the friends were communicating via radio or walkie talkie and not network. Or maybe they sent footmen. Out in the wilderness, you mostly do not have network. I lose it for some time when I just drive from Texas to Oklahoma, up in the small hills in Oklahoma.

If everything is okay with him now, why don't you just ask him all about it on the phone sometime?