Should I explain my feelings to my friend?

mail9993321

I've known my friend for a year or so, initially when we met it was with a group of friends and we got on well, she told me she liked me but at the time I wasn't looking for a relationship, although I did like her a bit as well.

We continued as friends and I could tell she was still interested in me. I found that as time went on, I found it more and more awkward to be around her, I found it hard to just hang out just the two of us and we would end up just talking about work, and one or two other topics. We would text each other quite regularly with the same kind of conversations.

Since the back end of last year, even with this awkwardness I have been torn between asking her out and not. Even though we are quite different and I would say she is a lot more experienced in the dating / relationship area than I am, I am attracted to her and like how caring she is, but I honestly am not sure whether it would work long term.

Over the weekend I found out from a friend that there is someone who she is interested in and who met very recently, and was waiting for this person to ask her out as she seems to be into him.

I've now been thinking about her a lot over the last couple of days and I don't know whether it is because I realise that I may lose / have lost that opportunity that I've been dwelling on, or if I am just jealous that she now has interest from someone else.

I don't know whether to ask her out or not, but with there now being someone else, have I already missed the opportunity (I don't know if this person has asked her out)? Should I tell her how I feel?

I am still a friend to her and don't really want to make the situation confusing, I think deep down I also know it would be hard to see her with someone.

Any advice? Thanks

I've now been thinking about her a lot over the last couple of days and I don't know whether it is because I realise that I may lose / have lost that opportunity that I've been dwelling on, or if I am just jealous that she now has interest from someone else.

Likely both. Nothing wrong with that though. Those are normal human emotions. We tend to act more impulsive when the stakes get higher. I feel for you because I've been there twice in my life and I know how the emotional rollercoaster effs with our minds.

I don't know whether to ask her out or not, but with there now being someone else, have I already missed the opportunity (I don't know if this person has asked her out)? Should I tell her how I feel?

The "other man," may be real or perhaps your friend has the story wrong? But I feel he's irrelevant. If you are into her then you need to let her know. You might very well get rejected but sometimes we won't move on until we hear the words to our face.

I am still a friend to her and don't really want to make the situation confusing, I think deep down I also know it would be hard to see her with someone.

Any advice? Thanks

It's confusing already. The awkwardness has already sat in. If you are like me it's virtually impossible to be "just friends," with someone you have romantic feelings for. If she does wind up with some other guy and/or rejects your advances the easiest way to get over her is to go out and find someone else; easier said then done I get it, but it's the only sure fire way to get her out of your head.

yes go for it.If she rejects you then you will know where you stand than thinking what it could have been.Howeever,i¸things wont be be the same if she turns you down but hey its life.We have to take chances right?

I've known my friend for a year or so, initially when we met it was with a group of friends and we got on well, she told me she liked me but at the time I wasn't looking for a relationship, although I did like her a bit as well.

We continued as friends and I could tell she was still interested in me. I found that as time went on, I found it more and more awkward to be around her, I found it hard to just hang out just the two of us and we would end up just talking about work, and one or two other topics. We would text each other quite regularly with the same kind of conversations.

Since the back end of last year, even with this awkwardness I have been torn between asking her out and not. Even though we are quite different and I would say she is a lot more experienced in the dating / relationship area than I am, I am attracted to her and like how caring she is, but I honestly am not sure whether it would work long term.

Over the weekend I found out from a friend that there is someone who she is interested in and who met very recently, and was waiting for this person to ask her out as she seems to be into him.

Any advice? Thanks

Pretty complicated. Why don't you just read this e-book that I've found here Download hints4lovers.zip . Maybe it'll help. Good luck ;)