Crushing on a nurse

So by way of introduction this is my first post. Not sure if this belongs here or not but will just give it a try. I have a particular question to a general overall problem I am having. In fact that general problem spills over into another subject which I may get to later. For the time being right now my specific problem is this.

I work a second job at a medical facility, at night, when they close. Ive been doing this for a year and in the course of this I met a nurse who I chit chat with before she leaves. It’s always usually small talk but the thing is I think I really like her and I notice that I miss her when she’s not around. I kind wish we had more time to talk. So now here is the tricky part. When I first started working there, I saw her and we introduced each other, but a few days she had to go on maternity leave (which implies that there is someone else in her life). At the time I had a crush on her but thought nothing much of it, until after she came back from her maternity leave. And I just assumed she was married so then it just became a mute issue. Then I realized or noticed that she didn’t have a ring on her finger. “but, that doesn’t mean she’s not married or than she is involved with someone.” Is what I tell myself. Then the other thing I realized is that perhaps nurses don’t wear rings because of bacteria and stuff like that in the medical facility. The point is, I don’t know is she is involved and I am not to sure if I should broach the subject, but I feel like I want to know so I can either move on or determine what I should do next. Is it as simple as asking her? Our conversations hardly get into personal matters. And I don’t want to feel like an idiot or a fool. So part of the reason why this question is coming up for me is that things are changing on my end of things and looking for another second job so I may not be around much longer at this place. Im not quite sure how resolve this dilemma of not knowing, with knowing and still be able to walk towards or away with some level of dignity intact.

evanescentworld

So she's had a baby?

Initiate discussion about how she's coping with work AND a baby, childcare is so expensive... does her partner work? "I guess it's good if your partner helps you out...."

And see where it takes you....

• Like 1