Ending a FWB without drama

I've been having an enjoyable fling for the past couple of months with a guy from a sports club I'm in, but after discovering the mean way he treated his ex (who was so lovely to him, he repaid her by cheating on her and narrowly missing giving her chlamydia) and his nonchalant attitude to contracting STIs, I've decided it needs to end pronto.

Problem is the above red flags might give a hint as to his maturity level. We agreed to keep it a secret from the club, but at a party with said club recently he yelled out proudly "I'm not screwing around, just screwing Absinthe!" He also requested the team captain (without consulting me) to move us into the same hotel room for an upcoming away match, which got the captain being all "wink wink, nod nod". I wasn't impressed, and refused the room share.

Normally I'd have a quick, "this isn't working anymore, thanks but no thanks" discussion however the fact that I have no intention of leaving the club means I'd like to keep it drama free and am therefore entertaining the idea of letting it fizzle out instead. Thoughts / personal anecdotes?

I've been having an enjoyable fling for the past couple of months with a guy from a sports club I'm in, but after discovering the mean way he treated his ex (who was so lovely to him, he repaid her by cheating on her and narrowly missing giving her chlamydia) and his nonchalant attitude to contracting STIs, I've decided it needs to end pronto.

Problem is the above red flags might give a hint as to his maturity level. We agreed to keep it a secret from the club, but at a party with said club recently he yelled out proudly "I'm not screwing around, just screwing Absinthe!" He also requested the team captain (without consulting me) to move us into the same hotel room for an upcoming away match, which got the captain being all "wink wink, nod nod". I wasn't impressed, and refused the room share.

Normally I'd have a quick, "this isn't working anymore, thanks but no thanks" discussion however the fact that I have no intention of leaving the club means I'd like to keep it drama free and am therefore entertaining the idea of letting it fizzle out instead. Thoughts / personal anecdotes?

You don't need to explain anything when ending a relationship of this nature. Just do it.

• Like 1

Whose idea was that it should be an FWB? If it was his, you can walk away without an explanation.

Just tell him you want to end it and be done.

You don't need to give reasons or excuses. Just that you do not want to sleep with him any more and end it.