Would a kiss of changed anything?

So theres a girl i been hanging out with we are friends but we also like each other or she says she likes me i know i like her anyway we were hanging out with a 3rd friend and im grabbing on her butt and shes letting me we are hugging.But i didnt go for the kiss cause we wernt alone i planned on kissing her in the car later we are in the back of the car i have her lay down on my lap she faces away from me and starts to sleep Did I miss my chance?she also told me shes not ready for a relationship would me kissing her last time we hung out changed anything?Please help I beat myself up about a lost opportunity :(

You two sound young.

I think you were right to save your 1st kiss with her for a more private moment.

I think she's a bit scared of what kissing or dating may entail & is therefore hesitant. You read her body language correctly that in the back seat wasn't the time.

Instead of hanging out with her, plan something more date like even if it is just getting coffee or ice cream. Then when you are alone, try for a kiss.