Does FWB work out well?

SO lets be honest here...

How many of u in FWB relations are emotional and get easily attached?

Does FWB really work out for u? or do u end up getting jealous if ur partner likes/hangs out with others? How do u handle the jealousy and possessiveness?

Do u show ur anger or take it chill?

Thegreatestthing

I don't think it's possible to be intimate and not get attracted and emotional,that's what intimacy is about,it's a very strange concept to me fwb.

• Like 2

How many of u in FWB relations are emotional and get easily attached?

I don't get attached and neither have the several FWB partners I've had. This simply wasn't an issue, as it was very clear we were not long-term romantic material (one or more clear incompatibilities for that), but definitely friend material with good sexual chemistry. If you can't keep that mental/emotional separation, then it's probably a bad idea to get involved in FWB.

Does FWB really work out for u? or do u end up getting jealous if ur partner likes/hangs out with others? How do u handle the jealousy and possessiveness?

I don't get jealous. It's healthy for them to hang out with others and even date to find someone who can be more to them than FWB. We are NOT romantic partners (and we're talking FWB, not polyamory here), so there is no cause for jealousy. You may get too attached and begin to feel possessive, but at that point you either have to end the arrangement or ask if it could become more than FWB.

Do u show ur anger or take it chill?

There is nothing to be angry about. If you are, then you're lying to yourself or to them about your real feelings and intentions, and need to resolve that between you. Most likely, you are not cut out to do FWB.

As Central pointed out, remaining disassociated and un-engaging in the emotional realm seems to work for some people.

Most dynamics of these types of interludes are selfish and short term.

My straight up answer is NOPE, doesn't carry any "benefits" in the long run. And they certainly don't remain "friends" when the benefit ceases.

If you are emotional & get attached easily FWB will be a disaster for you. Those types of arrangements only work for people who can separate physical from emotional.

My pardons as I reviewed and while this question is for mostly single persons, I see that you (Hello 234) are in a relationship with a married man. So this style of relationship doesn't really apply to your circumstance. Although I do see the similarities in a off center kinda way.