How do you friendzone someone???

blackberryq10

blackberryq10

I'm a guy, a graduate student. There's another girl in the program, about the same age as me, who I'm very close with. She's smart, funny, kind-hearted, cute, basically all those cliche' adjectives. :p

Thinking rationally, she's still kinda seeing her ex-boyfriend, and there are other reasons why this relationship wouldn't work that I need not go into. As much as I'd like to pursue something more, it wouldn't work (at least right now). However, I still enjoy her company and enjoy the friendship as is. :laugh:

This is an odd question, and one that likely doesn't have a concrete answer, but how do you friendzone someone? How do I simply become unattracted to her without withdrawing myself from her (which I don't really see as an option)? Thoughts, experiences???? :love:

Atticus9292012

When you figure out how to turn off your feelings, please let me know in my threads!!! The only times I have ever been able to get over a crush I had on a friend was time and space away from him....and even then those feelings have come creeping back in even once I thought I was over it. Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and realize what you can and can't do. If you don't think you can be her friend without pursuing more, than I would say put a lot of distance in that friendship. If you feel like you can, than keep her as a friend, but be sure to date others and not focus all your energy on it. It sounds like if she is telling you she is still seeing her ex, she has friendzoned you and never see the friendship as more.

• Like 1
When you figure out how to turn off your feelings, please let me know in my threads!!! The only times I have ever been able to get over a crush I had on a friend was time and space away from him....and even then those feelings have come creeping back in even once I thought I was over it. Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and realize what you can and can't do. If you don't think you can be her friend without pursuing more, than I would say put a lot of distance in that friendship. If you feel like you can, than keep her as a friend, but be sure to date others and not focus all your energy on it. It sounds like if she is telling you she is still seeing her ex, she has friendzoned you and never see the friendship as more.

I agree it would probably help you be able to friendzone her if you saw other girls. That way you will be busy thinking about the girls that are available and not the one you can't have.

• Like 1
she's still kinda seeing her ex-boyfriend

That. That would make me back away and get back in touch with her when that ex is out of the picture.

If she said that to you, then you have been friendzoned.

As how to deal with that if you have already lovey dovey feelings for her, cut contact to the bare minimum. I would go as far as no contact. Otherwise you'll still think about her when some kind of contact still exists between you two.

I agree best thing is to keep seeing other girls so you don't waste time or get too focused on her. Also, not sure you really want her in the friendzone if you're wanting something more. As you can tell from a lot of threads, it's not like parking a jet in holding pattern until it's ready to take off. It's really hard to come back to romantic from a close friendzone.