Can a girl with a boyfriend still like you?

I have been flirting with a girl for a few weeks now, but I just found out she has a boyfriend!:eek:

She had never brought him up in conversation. We spend hours together in class every week. I even have her number. I only found out she had a boyfriend through her Facebook page. When I asked her about him she mentioned he lived a few towns over and quickly shifted the conversation to a different topic. I don't know... I sensed a touch of unhappiness, like maybe she isn't getting enough attention in her relationship.

I feel good vibes from her. She laughs at all my jokes, asks me questions, compliments me, and asked if I had a girlfriend! Talk about mixed signals!:confused:

So I'm wondering: can a girl like another guy while still in a relationship? What kind of signals do you think she might give? Also, do you think she didn't mention her boyfriend because she is unhappy and is looking for someone else? I want to ask her out but feel stuck.

Uhhmmm.... yes, they can.

Just as you can like another girl if you have a girlfriend.

If you want to ask her out, ask her point blank about her boyfriend. Tell her you like her.

It's up to you whether you pursue something even though she's in a relationship, however most would advise against it.

I met my ex girlfriend when she was in a relationship.

I pretty much did exactly what you're doing now, and she started to fall for me. Eventually she broke up with him, and we started to date a few weeks later.

But!

Even though she dumped him she wasn't able to completely emotionally detach from him and make the necessary connections with me. Then she suddenly dumped me six months into our relationship.

Because of the circumstances of how we got together, the relationship never had a chance.

So you can go for this girl, just be aware that things could go wrong.

• Like 1

I'm in a very similar situation with a girl. Sometimes it can be hard to tell if she's flirting or just being nice. Seeing that she has a boyfriend, that makes it hard to tell.

I'd say just ask her out. If you don't, than the answer will always be no. It is a bit of a moral issue though.

I'm hoping some girls might shine some light on this issue.

Young girls are very fickle. You may be the flavor of next month.

Responsible grown women learn to head off danger & end one thing before starting something else.

Tell her that you like her, and that you're interested in being more than just friends.

The only condition is that she cannot cheat on her current BF, they have to end it before you guys can date.

• Like 1

Yes of course we can. Especially if it's a long distance type thing. She's probably just bored with her relationship. I don't doubt that she likes you but if she really liked you, she'd break up with her bf. I wouldn't make a move.