I don't understand this..

I've posted about this girl before, but now I have no real clue what's going on.

Backstory: I met her a year ago at uni at a sports club, we were friends and we teased each other and used to play fight a lot but it was platonic (mutual friends have commented saying that there's "tension" between us and that our friendship is weird.) I developed feelings for her earlier this year, I kept it quiet but a week later I conveniently had a seizure when I was showing her something. She visited me in hospital and held my hand (finger laced) and I got quite confused. Couple of weeks after her friend told me straight "I know you like ____" so I figured I should ask her out to get it out my system before it gets too obvious. Rang her up and asked her on a date, she seemed surprised but declined, she didn't give a reason. I moved on and a couple of months later, I thought I was over her until I drunkenly rang her up at half 3 in the morning, I don't remember and she doesn't either as she was drunk.

Now: Last week I was on a night out with my friend, I don't remember this incident but I was brought up to speed. She saw me and called me over, she was with her friends. I started having banter with her, my friend then joined in and her friends kicked off thinking my friend was being serious. I got a very angry message the next morning having a go at me saying I nearly got my friend beaten up. Saw her that day on a night out, she came up behind me and stroked my face (I don't get it) and then explained to me what happened. I apologized but she said I had nothing to apologise for as she knew we were both joking.

A couple of hours later I was being a wingman to a mutual friend when she appeared, asked me whether I was okay, I said I was. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the smoking area and asked me again which I replied. She stayed near me and chatted to me, I ran into other friends and she came with me, from then she kept asking me every 5 minutes whether I was okay which I'd keep replying I was and she kept saying I looked uncomfortable. After about an hour or so, I got fed up and told her to stop asking me that and I'd let her know if I wasn't okay. She said she was really high and stopped talking to me for the rest of the night. This is the thing that confuses me the most, she seemed a bit protective...

Saw her at training last night but nothing really happened.

What irritates me is I don't like awkward and I don't like weird, I don't want to put up with this on a regular basis even though its happened recently. I'd understand if she liked me but she's rejected me already (granted it was a few months ago) and she doesn't really text or ring me or anything. I'm not sure whether that's just her personality or trying to embed me in the friend zone or what. I just want to know what it is, so I know as I hate weird and awkward. I think I'll keep my distance for now, see what happens. If she does this protective thing again, I'll confront her.

Any ideas?

genuinelyloverly7

Hi- I'd say let her go. There are women out there who are not as hint-y.

She's just playing with you to feed her ego. She rejected you and doesn't even bother to contact you. I wouldn't even bother trying to talk to her and just let it be.

• Author
She's just playing with you to feed her ego. She rejected you and doesn't even bother to contact you. I wouldn't even bother trying to talk to her and just let it be.

Hi- I'd say let her go. There are women out there who are not as hint-y.

Thanks guys, I'm definitely going to put some distance between me and her. Only see her a couple of times a week so it should be relatively easy to do so. Been hitting on other women so hopefully she'll leave me alone sooner or later.

• Like 1