Took things too far?

Ok I'll try to keep this short, basically a girl I hang out with once in a while came out to told me she had a dream about kissing me. I don't tell my friends I dreamed about them unless I like the girl in some sort of way or want something more so I wouldn't think a girl would say something about their sexual dream unless they find the person attractive and want something. We hung out and things happened but led to her embarrassed? She basically asked me she's unsure if she should feel embarrassed about what happened? I basically told her it happened and I do like her but it's not going to change our friendship whichever way it goes. I just wanted to throw it out there as I don't really like to beat around the bush and be straightforward. If I threw it out there and it doesn't work then whatever I tried, it can go either way and I don't care too much about it but I just don't want it to be awkward. My main question is did I take it too far and now she's unsure of what she wants? Or does she just not know how to tell me she doesn't see anything more than a friend with me?

I am completely unclear what you want to happen with this girl. I gather you fooled around and then she is asking whether she should regret it and you tell her, Whatever, we're only friends no matter what. So that's the message I got and I think it's the message she got: that you only want to be friends and have no intention of properly dating her or being with her. If you in fact want this girl, you better ask her out on a proper dinner date pronto because your attitude is coming off very confusing.

• Like 1

@OP....You did say girl didn't you, is she under 20 by any chance? If so then that will make sense, and in line with the puppy love syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Author
I am completely unclear what you want to happen with this girl. I gather you fooled around and then she is asking whether she should regret it and you tell her, Whatever, we're only friends no matter what. So that's the message I got and I think it's the message she got: that you only want to be friends and have no intention of properly dating her or being with her. If you in fact want this girl, you better ask her out on a proper dinner date pronto because your attitude is coming off very confusing.

I told her I like her and if it goes further then it does but it won't change what we were before this. Basically it won't be weird if she doesn't want anything more.

@OP....You did say girl didn't you, is she under 20 by any chance? If so then that will make sense, and in line with the puppy love syndrome.

Nope not under 20, not even close to that either.

Well, that's fine, but if you want her to regard you as a boyfriend or real date, now is the time to take her on a real date to show her that. Nothing you said made me think she doesn't want that.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, that's fine, but if you want her to regard you as a boyfriend or real date, now is the time to take her on a real date to show her that. Nothing you said made me think she doesn't want that.

I didn't think so either, thanks.

You could have asked her to demonstrate her dream for you

I demonstrated what I thought it was like already ;)

• Like 1