She's Apparently Narcoleptic...

TheyCallMeOx

To make a long story short, this woman messaged me a week or two ago. She turned out to be a woman I pursued on a dating service sometime the end of last year, but she ran off with some other dude. She was dealing with some relationship issues, said she was interested in talking to me, but didn't want to rush into anything. She said that she missed our conversations. I told her I had no intentions on being "just friends," and she understands that. She is interested in me romantically, but she wants to wait a while before she gets back into dating.

For the past three nights, we've had text conversations through Skype. Each occasion, she fell asleep mid conversation. No good-bye, and no warning. She's never even mentioned that she was tired. The first time it's happened, I let it go. The second time, I confronted her and told her to warn me before something like that happens. I was gone for like a minute or two and I find it extremely hard to believe that you can fall asleep that fast. Tonight was the third time this has happened, and I'm starting to get pissed off.

Even though she's a friend, for now, you don't just cut off mid-conversation and fall asleep. If you're a friend, you're honest, and if you're honest...then someone would say "good night" and go to bed. However, with her, it's not the case.

She seems kind of interesting and I'd hate to cut off any potential all because of this, but it kind of pisses me off and I don't know if I can be with a woman who seemingly has a case of narcolepsy. She said she has insomnia, but I just don't buy it. Something doesn't seem right, and I kind of want to just say "screw it."

What would be the right thing to do at this point?

To make a long story short, this woman messaged me a week or two ago. She turned out to be a woman I pursued on a dating service sometime the end of last year, but she ran off with some other dude. She was dealing with some relationship issues, said she was interested in talking to me, but didn't want to rush into anything. She said that she missed our conversations. I told her I had no intentions on being "just friends," and she understands that. She is interested in me romantically, but she wants to wait a while before she gets back into dating.

For the past three nights, we've had text conversations through Skype. Each occasion, she fell asleep mid conversation. No good-bye, and no warning. She's never even mentioned that she was tired. The first time it's happened, I let it go. The second time, I confronted her and told her to warn me before something like that happens. I was gone for like a minute or two and I find it extremely hard to believe that you can fall asleep that fast. Tonight was the third time this has happened, and I'm starting to get pissed off.

Even though she's a friend, for now, you don't just cut off mid-conversation and fall asleep. If you're a friend, you're honest, and if you're honest...then someone would say "good night" and go to bed. However, with her, it's not the case.

She seems kind of interesting and I'd hate to cut off any potential all because of this, but it kind of pisses me off and I don't know if I can be with a woman who seemingly has a case of narcolepsy. She said she has insomnia, but I just don't buy it. Something doesn't seem right, and I kind of want to just say "screw it."

What would be the right thing to do at this point?

I actually have had a similar condition. Fall asleep talking or watching television. Especially, while I am reading a book. Does not necessarily mean that someone is being rude. Not something which can really always be controlled. There is also no warning when it comes to this. Which may suggest why she does not tell you in advance. You honestly can fall asleep within a moment or two.

That all then being said. I do understand that it is hard to tell when someone does this on purpose or if it's really a legitimate issue. May have to be something that is still monitored. Would hate for you to not pursue what may be something meaningful just based on an issue which cannot be controlled.

I think you're being a little hard on her. Sure it's nice to be told you're "signing off" for the night, but - case in point, I often text/message while I'm laying in bed......it's not out of the ordinary for me to fall asleep mid conversation or even while typing a text and I'm definitely not narcoleptic lol.

Sounds to me like, number one, you need to stop talking to her late at night when she's already sleepy. Number 2, if she narcoleptic this will also happen during the day so skype her over the weekend during the day and see if it still happens. And stop trying to stay on so long. You won't have anything new to discover if and when you finally meet up. Really, discovering a person needs to be reserved mainly for in person because it's that connection that warms people up and can cause someone to touch you.