Totally Lost

Im, 26 years old and confused, over this guy i know. Im, trying not to read into him, too much and come off needy. I, really need responses from guys, around my age. So, i know what im dealing with here! Ive, known him for quite sometime and weve, slept together but nothing overly serious. I, hadn't contacted him, in so long! I, was stunned one day; he, requested too add me on facebook and for my number. To, say the least this confused me. You, dont hear from a guy, for a couple years and he, pops up again. I, try and keep our, conversation as platonic as possible. Because, im not sure what he actually wants. Ive, tried responding in an "You, were only a one night stand" sort of way. If, i behave this way...his, response isnt the same. I, get the feel ive hurt him, on more than one conversation. But, he used to be very closed off, emotionally. Ive, read through blogs about these situations. He, considers us friends and nothing more. I, dont text him as much as possible. And, this man text me at late hours of the night and im, thinking...."What, is he doing? Hes, never put this much, thought into talking with me before". Hes, been more emotionally open and im, not sure how to respond too him. I, mean hes not the type of guy, who sugar coats what hes thinking/feeling. So, what should i do about this? Ive tried telling him, "you, dont need to talk too me" and "we, dont have to be friends". But, i say something like that and he, asks what he did wrong! Im, thinking that im just a one night stand ticket and, some of his reactions have confused me. Hes, never put this much effort into...flirting? Is, the word which comes too mind.

Edited by leilei88

Some red flags.

You haven't heard from him in two years and he's persistently contacting you = he's killing time before he meets someone else.

He only contacts you at night = he's more than likely only after one thing.

He's vague, you're confused = he's only throwing you crumbs, because he's not really that interested.

Trust me, when people REALLY like you and respect you, there's no ambiguity. Especially at 26. Being too shy to ask someone out or move the relationship forward at 17 is fine. But it's something someone should well have grown out of by the time they're in their twenties, emotional issues or no. And...if he does have emotional issues...run!

• Author

Thanks. His, only emotional issue ive seen. He, seems too lack wanting any attachment to relationships. Im, fine with that as im, not seeking an over emotional connection, at the moment. I, do agree theres a bit of childish antics going on. Far, as age wise goes and knowing what the twenty something year olds, after. He, does text me during the day but not all the time for it, becoming awkward. I, was surprised hes been texting me, during the daytime, at all! The, conversations pretty casual. I, mean if a guy only wants sex and nothing else...would, they bother knowing you even exsist? I, should know this by now, being close to my thirties. But, hes changing my view of the one night stand, situation. So, thats all im really confused on. Because, ive learned which lines to cross and the ones, you just dont. If, theyre around for only one thing.