Fwb or something else?

enchanted771

Hello:

Trying to help my friend, and I am at a loss so I am here. Heres the scenario:

My friend met this guy online. They went out had a great first date. All the while, he is talking how he would like to find a "wife" etc. She told me he asked her twice if she wants to go out again, and didn't even try and get physical on the first date. Next day she didn't hear from him so she texted him. He talked about going out again, and said "maybe Friday" Thursday (again big mistake) she texts him to confirm...he plays it off like he didn't know it was almost Friday already, how busy he has been, etc. Then said yeah, we should be good for tomorrow. I think if he was so into it, he would have said yes.

Anyways, so she was getting a little bit pushy & maybe too open (said she was looking forward to seeing him the next day) then she was sorry she said that so she was like I hope I didn't creep you out. Then he said something inappropriate but was probably joking or maybe because of her actions felt like she was being desperate. Then all of a sudden, he is saying he is looking for a friend who he can eventually have s*x with. That can be read many different ways but I always though fwb are quick to get you to get physical.

They have a dinner date set up but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get physical. I don't know if he felt kind of pressured for the relationship or what because she made it clear she wasn't in a hurry to sleep with anyone. I though fwb it was kind of like when do you want to hang out. Not lets go out to dinner.

Thoughts?