What is this dude's deal?

Atticus9292012

Atticus9292012

I have a former love interest that is now just a friend. We have dated other people since and we both know this. We also have a lot of mutual friends. On Saturday I had a party at my house and I mass invited friends of ours, which he was included in. Even when i invited him I told him he could bring a date...and he said "oh I'll just bring a friend." I really didn't expect him to show up given our history and the fact that he supposedly is dating someone else (which he will neither confirm nor deny to me). Well, he did in fact show up with a buddy of his. His buddy leaves after only about an hour. My friend stays. He knew everyone at my house so not knowing anyone wouldn't explain this....but he literally followed me around my house like a lost puppy. A couple of times I went into my room and he'd follow me in there and shut the door behind him. I kept thinking he was going to initiate something, but he never did. I went into my bathroom once and I came out and he was on my bed. I asked him if he was okay (we'd been drinking) so I thought maybe he had a little too much. He said "no, just comfy." I walked out of my room back where the rest of my guests were. He stayed all night and was the last person to leave. The entire night he kept getting me drinks and offered to help me with whatever I needed. At one point we were sitting next to each other on my couch and he showed me pictures of a hiking trip he went on recently. He was showing me pictures of him and suddenly he'd get to a picture of a girl or him and a girl and he'd pull his phone close to him so I couldn't see. He also made a lengthy phone call outside. I asked who he went on the trip with and he said just a friend. I have always been attracted to this guy, but honestly I really just want to be his friend. I genuinely enjoy his company. I was recently invited to a birthday party of a mutual friend of ours in a town an hour away and considered asking him to go with me. I am just worried he is going to expect something or was expecting something to happen Saturday based on his behavior. Am I reading too much into this?

You don't need to put the same question in every single forum you know.

You're going to get the same answers, from the same people.