When Harry Met Sally

Hello all,

I have a close male friend whom I've known for a very long time and I am cracking my brains to find out if he really sees me as just a close female friend.

Throughout our friendship, both of us were in relationships with other people but we still hang out alone often. Both our partners at that time were aware of our friendship. We even introduce each other to our significant others.

I just began a new relationship with someone but the timing couldn't be more wrong. I was relocated to another state, where my close male friend lived. During my transition to this new place, my close male friend helped me out a lot. He got me a place to stay, he went out with me to help furnish my new apartment, drove me out to places that he really like to hang out and suggested that we do activities together. He calls me almost every night to check on me, to make sure I am settled down well.

We spend a lot of time in my new apartment, just hanging out, talking and watching movies. But, he is always the gentleman and never made a move on me. I am so confused because of the way he is taking such good care of me, like I am his gf, but again, I don't know for sure what is going on in his mind.

Will he make a move if I am not seeing anyone new? Is he just being careful not to cross the line and ruin our friendship if I don't feel the same? You may ask me what I feel about him. I am confused as well, the only answer is, I DON'T KNOW. That is the problem! Am I attracted to him? Sometimes, yes, because he makes me feel comfortable, I relate to him on so many levels, he is always there when I need him. Sometimes, his childish behavior can be a huge turn off and his humor downright rowdy!

I really do not know what to do. I don't want to loose him as a friend but at the same time, I know that I am being selfish if I just keep him by my side, and when he does try to make a move, I wouldn't be able to give him a clear answer.

Anyone can knock some sense into my head??? Please.

Friendship is far more valuable in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you for proving there are real gents out there that see beyond the physical and respect you and care for you in a human courteous way.

welcome to the board.

ThorntonMelon

He probably does have feelings for you. Though he might not.

You don't have to have an answer should he show interest. But I've always found the "I don't want to lose a friend" concept to be a bit of a cop out. If you loved him, you'd take that chance.

This might better be put as "I have a great male friend who may or may not romantically like me; if he does, I am going to be devastated".