Can't tell her my feelings

Hello everyone,

I know a girl for a few years now, we are good friends but I want our relationship to go further so I decided to tell her my feelings but I don't know why each time I want to tell her I can't... and it has been like that the past few months.

So, because I really want to tell her, I made a bit of research about that but all the "tips" don't work. Most of them are "Just tell her" or "Don't be afraid about her reaction". I know that we will still be friends. She has a boyfriend and I am happy for her, I just want to tell her what I feel but something is preventing me to do it and I don't know what.

I've also tried the subtle way: giving hints about my feelings but she doesn't seem so see them and if I do more it will be too obvious (I guess).

I hope someone can help me to find what's going wrong with me and maybe find a solution.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

So you want your relationship to go further... she has a boyfriend.. you want her to break up with her boyfriend?

I don't think you are being very honest about your intentions here. Nothing good will come out of you telling her this at this point. You should just move on and hope that one day in the future she will be available when you are and that the feelings are mutual.

• Author

Sorry, that's not what I meant, I don't want her to leave her boyfriend but I do love her.

My main intention is to tell her because that's really hard to keep that to myself and I want to be honest with her. I do not want to induce her break up in any way.

Well you will cause sort of strain with Your friend. Some times I wish girls would say to themselves, if I was not dating my BF. would I be involved with my close male friend at the moment?

Telling her is not going to bring her to you. If you want to get it off your chest fine. Just don't be sadif she does not in r

Brace it.

Think about her BF. If he tells her, do you think he will be happy about your friendship going further?

Edited by Mysterio
  • Author

I'm 95% sure that she's not going to make our friendship go further and I'm also 95% sure that she's not going to like what I'm going to say and I'll make me sad of course but that's OK.

I just want to have the courage to tell her but I can't find it so maybe there's another way.

The reason you can't confess your feelings is that you know it's the wrong thing to do while she has a BF.

If you want more then friendship but don't want to be a home wrecker & can't stand the thought of sitting on the sidelines any longer, put some distance in your relationship. Respect what she has with her BF by bowing out & spending less time with her.

If there comes a time when you are both single in the future, ask her on a date but don't make things awkward now.

Once you tell her your feelings, you have placed a burden on her because now she knows she is being around a guy who has feelings for her and not "just a friend" and if she has any ethics, she will not want to do that to her boyfriend and will distance herself from you. Now, I realize she very well may already know because it's hard to conceal something like that. If so, then obviously she's not interested except as friends and is probably only able to keep you around as long as you don't become a "problem." Women don't want to hear that someone they've been friends with and confiding in has the hots for them and had ulterior motives the whole time. It's a betrayal of trust. You really just need to move on.

You can also find someone else. It's not she is the only one. If she really likes u romantically. She would break up with him by now.