Evaluating a Love prospect

So about once a month. I get together with a female friend JC. We have a good time together. Lately. I have been thinking about her as more of a friend. I have been saying to myself. What is the point in just being friends. We seem to like everything the same more or less.

We are not physical. I am trying to self evaluate if I should pursue her romantically. I am trying to judge weather its just a lust thing.

For you what was the defining thing for you that made the difference between love and lust? I care about her. Its not like I just only want to jump into bed with her. Until she an I are an item. I don't really see the point. I have just personally gotten to the point where I just don't want to hang out with a woman and have no physical affection. Its not like if JC and I were an item. I would hang out with another woman like that. I have another woman friend SD who is 63 that is like that. We have lunch every couple of months. She is like an Aunt to me. SD also has a live in BF.

JC said that I am her only male friend. We have know each other for almost 2 yrs. I don't know what I should do in this case. Currently there is no other romantic prospect. I am 43 and JC is 33. We both are single and childless.

So about once a month. I get together with a female friend JC. We have a good time together. Lately. I have been thinking about her as more of a friend. I have been saying to myself. What is the point in just being friends. We seem to like everything the same more or less.

We are not physical. I am trying to self evaluate if I should pursue her romantically. I am trying to judge weather its just a lust thing.

For you what was the defining thing for you that made the difference between love and lust? I care about her. Its not like I just only want to jump into bed with her. Until she an I are an item. I don't really see the point. I have just personally gotten to the point where I just don't want to hang out with a woman and have no physical affection. Its not like if JC and I were an item. I would hang out with another woman like that. I have another woman friend SD who is 63 that is like that. We have lunch every couple of months. She is like an Aunt to me. SD also has a live in BF.

JC said that I am her only male friend. We have know each other for almost 2 yrs. I don't know what I should do in this case. Currently there is no other romantic prospect. I am 43 and JC is 33. We both are single and childless.

It always saddens me when a guy I thought was a good friend wants more. It makes me feel like the guy does not value my friendship because once that door is open, the nature of the relationship often drastically changes and rarely goes back to what it was. But, this is just me...

What I think helps to see if it is a real love or just lust, is to really examine your life right now. If you are bored with your life and already feel like something is missing, then what you feel may just a lust and curiosity. But if you are generally happy with your life and there are other romantic prospects, but you can't stop thinking about her, then it might be love. This is just my take on it, though.