Older Man

I have recently moved to another city where my family lives to get away from an ex who wouldn't leave me alone. A month into living here I met an older, single, man who I became friends with. He gave me some advice for getting over my ex and helped me navigate dating some younger guys around my age. Along the way I developed feelings for this older guy and he developed feelings for me too. But now it's out in the open all we have done is talk on the phone and send flirty texts to each other. We both are afraid to do anything together in real life due to our age difference, even though I'm 25 and I can date whoever I want. He knows my family and we go to the same church and we are afraid of what our community will say to us. I also don't know exactly what he wants from me. He said he is worried about dying before me and is a little hesitant for that reason too. Does anyone else have experience in being involved with older an older man?

Yes, how much older is he?

Lots of people here probably have experience in dating or marrying older men.

There are some disaster stories on the forum about age gap relationships, and some good stories too. One thing is for sure, with a big age difference between partners there will be many additional challenges that you won't encounter when dating someone closer to your own age.

If you feel your partner is exactly, uniquely right for you in most other ways, they might be worth working through those challenges for. But I'd make sure you weren't just disregarding the age gap because you are desperate to find a nice guy, any nice guy. There are plenty of nice guys out there close to your age too.

I feel you are just vulnerable and clutching at him because he's there, and he's old enough to know that, too. I think you just need to take the time to learn from this past mess you were in before you jump into something else.