Liking my friend more than a friend

JenRochester0594

JenRochester0594

Over the course of this summer, I regularly talked and skyped with a friend of mine who's taking classes in California. However, just a few weeks ago, I realized that I have developed feelings for him but I haven't confessed this to him yet over text or skype. We've only been friends for about 5 months and I feel like telling him this now would change the way he views me and as a consequence, he would stop talking to me. Should I wait until the school year start to tell him or could I say this to him without feeling awkward?

I'm new to relationships so I couldn't tell if a guy wants to be more than a friend toward me. Here's my situation: last semester, we would have lunch once or twice a week and whenever I ask him if he's free and wants to hang out with me, he always says "yes". I couldn't tell if he was being nice or likes me.

• 4 weeks later...
heytheregirl

from my experience, it could go either way. MOST guys won't bother taking the time to talk to you let alone hang out with you unless they're interested.

Think about what you've got now and if you're happy the way it is or not.

What have you got to lose? Even if he says he wants to keep it at friendship that's probably the worst case scenario.

This one is a little ambiguous - but I generally agree with the previous poster. MOST guys wouldn't waste time talking to a girl unless they're interested somewhat.

That being said, there are guys who might call or text everyday and show you all the signals that they like you and actually not want to pursue anything with you.

So, my take would be this: if you feel a burning need to tell him you like him, do it. If he doesn't reciprocate, its better you distance yourself and save yourself the heartache early instead of waiting till you fall for someone.

There's also guys who are interested in you only for a one-nighter. So it's always possible you ask him for lunch and he's just thinking, maybe this will lead to a quickie. Or not. Unless you have some reason to think he's awkward with women, then I'm guessing he should have made a move by now.