No Contact after being rejected

There was this girl at work whom I used to chat with regularly. We hung out a couple of times for lunch and dinner. We used to speak on phone and chat daily for almost one-two hours.There was occasional flirting too.I started liking this girl. She got fired from our company as she was a contract employee. We were still in touch. We used to meet near her office for lunch\ dinner.One day when I told her that I think of her as more than a friend, she said she didn't expect this from me. She doesn't want to remain friends.

When I insisted on it and said it was a mistake, guys do have crushes. She said stop messaging me and sending your crap stories. Then I also said GOODBYE!!!

In addition to what I said earlier, when I told her that I think of her more than as a friend she said she'd call me back, she didn't call me. Next day when I brought up the topic during chat, that's when she said all those awful things.

I'm just wondering did I do the right thing by confessing my feelings for her.

I've not contacted her for the last one month after that. Sometimes I become too desperate to call\ message her, but somehow I refrain from doing so.

Should I keep the No contact rule intact?

Should I ever contact her?

She wanted a buddy. You wanted a GF. While she could have been kinder in her rejection, she understands that it's painful for the person who has greater feelings to try to accept a lesser relationship. She did you a favor.

...When I insisted on it and said it was a mistake, guys do have crushes. She said stop messaging me and sending your crap stories. Then I also said GOODBYE!!!...

That is really rough, sorry you had to receive that kind of rejection! d0nnivain is right though in that she did you a favour! You could be in my situation whereby I was rejected and friend still wants to carry on as before...:confused:

Never contact her again I would say.

She may have had issues in the past with guys who wouldn't let go and realize it sometimes is necessary to be rather brutal to get a guy to stop. Sorry it didn't work out, but there is no way at all you should ever contact her again, no way, not to try to explain, not to try to be friends. You should not contact her ever again for any reason, as you say you have done. And then just move on.

• Author

Thanks for your reply friends!!

I have decided not to contact her. I have removed her from my friend list on Facebook and Linkedin and also blocked her on Gtalk .

• Like 3