Friend with benefits to get over ex

My friend thinks I should just find a fwb to help me get over my ex . Would this work or would it be a bad idea ?

WhatYouWantToHear
My friend thinks I should just find a fwb

Does this "friend" want to be the one "with benefits"? Be suspicious.

In either case, this is one of those questions that if you have to ask the answer is 'No'. Most likely you would just end up feeling guilty afterward and missing them more.

There is a simple formula on rebound sex.

If the rebound person is better, hotter, better in bed and more into than your ex, it will help......a lot.

If he/she is lower quality, less attractive, worse in bed and not actually into you, it will make you miss your ex more.

The catch is concepts like 'quality' 'better' 'more attractive' etc are in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 2
  • Author

My friend is just one of my friends not the one who wants the benefits. The person is less attractive and less quality I don't know how they are in bed. I figured sleeping with someone else would make me feel better about her moving on

melodicintention

....or it could open up a whole new drama. Maybe you should get over it by enriching yourself on the inside, not seeking sex. Spend some time pampering yourself, make some new friends, find a new hobby or get back into that old one you gave up for the relationship. Submitting to your loins is a 99% guarantee to invite more drama in.

How would it create drama I don't know this person really

It will create drama because she will feel like she know you intimately if it happens regularly which is what FWB is. It's hard to predict when she'll get all emotional about it, so you have to be careful to lay out the terms before starting anything.

Make sure you are both on the same page. Do not go out on any dates or make it romantic in any way.

Basically, not everyone is cut out for FWB arrangement. If you are unsure or is new to this, I wouldn't jump into it. Personally, if you are using it to get over someone you once love, bad idea. Because your emotions are all out of whack.. which might lead to guilt if you still haven't move on.

Perhaps as a once off, but not a regular thing.

Edited by sugarlove

The OP can enrich him/herself with new hobbies, etc, AND have sex. Sometimes, getting out there and meeting someone new DOES get your mind off your ex. Hell, it worked for me. (And I still pursue my hobbies)