My best friend doesn't really talk to me anymore.

We have known each other since we were 16 and now we are 22. It had never been a sexual relationship at all, just really good friends. Last year he even got my boyfriend a job where he works.

A few months ago when my boyfriend and I had temporarily broken up he admitted to liking me when we were 17 but never told me & then continued to say and ever since you and **** broke up I have liked you even more. All I said was, "I don't know what to say, you know I am still in love with ****".

It was a drunk conversation at a party.

Now these days he barely texts me, doesn't talk to me, doesn't want to hang out and apparently always makes rude comments about me to my boyfriend at work saying that I am annoying :confused:

I feel really down because I feel like I've lost one of my closest friends and that conversation we had just ruined it.

Any advice?

He was being your "best friend" in hopes of a romantic relationship. If he's not having that, then he's moving on. You can be friends with some guys, but usually to make that hold together, one person is more invested than the other and it eventually falls apart. In case you haven't figured it out, a whole lot of men, their first priority is sex. He knows keeping you around would cripple his sex life.

• Author
He was being your "best friend" in hopes of a romantic relationship. If he's not having that, then he's moving on. You can be friends with some guys, but usually to make that hold together, one person is more invested than the other and it eventually falls apart. In case you haven't figured it out, a whole lot of men, their first priority is sex. He knows keeping you around would cripple his sex life.

Yeah that would make sense except he has never shown any romantic interest in me before that. He used to tell everyone that "sleeping with me me would be like sleeping with his retarded sister" haha.

And me being his friend has never crippled his sex life. He is sleeping with two girls at the moment who both want a relationship from him, yet he wont commit and never has to any girl he sleeps with or dates. He also had sex with my cousin when she came to visit while I was asleep in the next room.. :confused:

• Author

I will also add that he used to hang out at my boyfriends house with us and his friends all the time..

Well, then sounds like he's just found other friends for the time being. Friends don't always last forever. He may be back around though.