How can I make sure this girl I talk to doesn't know I have a crush on her?

there is this tutor I work with in the tutoring lab in this community college I went to. She's great and a wonderful person to be around with. She is about 27 and I am 22 and she is engaged, One thing I noticed about her is that she was very touchy feely. , like patting me on the back or shoulder.

my class ended last June but we see each other on campus and a lot and always chat. I realize I have a big crush on her, but she is engaged so I can never get with her. That's fine but I ma scared she will find out or realize I like her in that. way. If she finds out she could potentially hate me or be disgusted by me or never want to talk to me anymore. What can I do to make sure I give absolutely no signs I hve a crush on her?

That's happened to me, as a female I find it flattering. Sounds to me like she's giving you some pretty strong signals though....or does she do that with everybody?

She probably already knows and is pretending she doesn't.

It' happened to me a lot in the past. I realise a friend has a crush, but since I'm not interested, I pretend to not notice, so as to not change the status quo.

Most of the time, if they try to confess, I play dumb.

Just keep doing whatever it is you're doing. Don't tell her about the crush and keep trying to keep it hidden. Though your best bet would be to get over it!

• Author

I am thinking whenever I chat with her to avoid her eye contact or look at my phone during our conversation because someone who was trying to flirt or something would be more interested

zebracolors

It could just be her nature to be so friendly and not just because she is a tutor who should be gregarious anyway for that role. Even if she already suspects something, I think as long as you never intend to say anything directly, and don't start acting creepy, things will be fine. I speak from experience that interacting with someone who I know has a crush on me is actually kind of awkward. But thats a story for another thread.

She knows. Don't sweat it. The more you try and hide it, the more obvious it'll become. (unless you're one hell of an actor... player? :p )

You already respect certain boundaries about her being engaged. When you overstep those boundaries then maybe you'll creep her out. Otherwise, most people find it flattering.

• Like 1