mixed signels hot and cold

TigerLilly78

I need some advice people what dose it mean when a guy who was a horn dog pretty much when you 1st met him "via text and messaging"stop's hitting on you "in a sexual way" for the most part but still acts like and tells you he cares? me and my one friend are just weird anymore and I don't understand his mixed signals!...

I don't want to give out to much personal info but to make a long story short its a Internet friendship we met via a game have been kinda off and on he blows hot and cold one min its a "best friend" vibe then the next he says something sweet like I'm his in some way or some other little endearment..

I just don't get it and to be honest its getting old and frustrating and I'm just wondering what others think in general. Apparently hes not good at talking about important things so yea that makes things even easier. Cause I care allot at this point but I don't want to be a emotional yo yo anymore..but then I think well you never met this person irl yet so is it unrealistic to expect much? any advice really appreciated and I will try to answer any questions best I can..Thanks in advance..

I know he cares and I do as well its just always akward and it feels like there is something always left unsaid if that makes any sense..im to the point im just going to take it as a straight out friendship and totally move on romantically with out saying a word even tho that would suck big time and I wouldn't want to hurt him..

melodicintention

Ok I'll bite.

You want to know what people think. well my thought is I'd never meet someone via text messaging or via whatever internet game you are using. That in itself is creepy and weird. Honey there are a lot of weirdos on the internet. You have to be careful who you give your time to. You'd be better off meeting people in person first and developing friendships in the real world. Sorry I can't offer more advice other than to just blow this dude off and meet someone in the real world. Good luck :)

• Author
TigerLilly78
Ok I'll bite.

You want to know what people think. well my thought is I'd never meet someone via text messaging or via whatever internet game you are using. That in itself is creepy and weird. Honey there are a lot of weirdos on the internet. You have to be careful who you give your time to. You'd be better off meeting people in person first and developing friendships in the real world. Sorry I can't offer more advice other than to just blow this dude off and meet someone in the real world. Good luck :)

Hey there and thanks for the response 1st off let me say I do respect your opinion how ever I have to disagree far as its creepy or weird. Only reason being is I know a few couples that have met via the internet happy normal couples who have ended up getting married even one is expecting their 1st child..

And surprisingly none of them met via a dating site but rather various gaming sites "yeah my friends tend to be geeks these days"..lol but yeah there quite normal lovely people. And im sure there are a bunch of posters right here on LS who would also say its not creepy in anyway. In todays day and age the internet is simply another form of communication much like newspaper adds or talk lines of the past.

If anything its even a better platform for meeting people cause if done right and common sense is used you can get to know them much more before you even decide to meet.. Trust me you can meet creeps in the "real world" just as much as you can on line..believe me been there and done that two times fold!

I've known my friend for almost a year now and in that time have spoken to him almost every day not to mention his close friends and even family. So the chances of me "blowing him off" are def slim to none unless he pulls some kind of mental meltdown witch I doubt is going to happen anytime soon.

But again you were the only one to bite so I do thank you for taking the time.. Far as the situation itself yea im still confused cause yes he still dose send the mixed messages. How ever im just going to go with the flow and not limit myself to waiting around if things are going to work out they will were meeting up later this year so I guess at this point time will tell.. I think maybe I didn't paint him in the best light when I mentioned the sexual texts.. but yeah lets be honest a lot of us have done that at some point or time..lol

Shakespeare wrote, "a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet."

What does that quote have to do with your situation? Plenty.

Mixed messages are still mixed, no matter how you try to define, explain, or decode them. That's like calling a bag of mixed nuts chocolates because of their color.

Offline or online: if a guy's sending you mixed signals its because he's unsure of his real feelings for you.

Find a guy who sends you a clear message instead.

And read some Shakespeare. The Bard knows all things.

• Like 1
  • Author
TigerLilly78
Shakespeare wrote, "a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet."

What does that quote have to do with your situation? Plenty.

Mixed messages are still mixed, no matter how you try to define, explain, or decode them. That's like calling a bag of mixed nuts chocolates because of their color.

Offline or online: if a guy's sending you mixed signals its because he's unsure of his real feelings for you.

Find a guy who sends you a clear message instead.

And read some Shakespeare. The Bard knows all things.

Exactly after I sat and did some thinking about things I would tend to agree and that's were the "but we haven't met irl" thing came up so I cant expect to much more came in..I also think he's harboring some serious issues from past people hurting him badly and that's never a good thing..I'm happy to be his friend and in the future if things go further awesome if not ok too that's pretty much were im at on it at the moment..

You're just not his only interest. You are a name on a screen. He was probably a horn dog and either accomplished his goal and moved on or you weren't sexting so he just kept moving. I'm not suggesting you sext or anything. That's all a lot of guys online want -- well, not all, but it sustains them. It's not real until you're face to face. It's just an illusion.

You're just not his only interest. You are a name on a screen. He was probably a horn dog and either accomplished his goal and moved on or you weren't sexting so he just kept moving. I'm not suggesting you sext or anything. That's all a lot of guys online want -- well, not all, but it sustains them. It's not real until you're face to face. It's just an illusion.

Considering that this JUST happened to me (something similar), I have to agree that any relationship that starts online isn't viable until you actually meet each other in person. Until that happens, you're just a name on a screen. Sad but true. Online relationships are hard to take offline towards something real. If the interest isn't mutual right off the bat, you're just wasting your time on a situation that's going nowhere.

• Author
TigerLilly78

Yeah I could have bought into this idea IF the sexual talk wasn't replaced with sweet sentimental things. Don't get me wrong he still tosses the occasional sexual flirt/suggestion here and there a lot. But these days its more sweet then overly sexual if that makes sense? kind of like he respects me more at this point that's just a guess there I get more complement's then anything else.

Also I think he realized im not really a overly sexual person so he toned it down. If he was a hit and run I got what I wanted kind of dude he would have been long gone by now. But if anything he's made efforts to become closer in other ways. It was his idea to meet up as well so yeah I don't think its like that.

More like two close friends who aren't quite sure were things are at I guess. And I do agree with what was said that until you meet face to face you cannot truly know were things stand.