Interested in hook up - what would you do?

I was out with my girlfriends a few nights ago and started chatting with a guy - my friends decided to call it a night so him and I walked to my place and fooled around a bit. He got a text from his friend and told me he had to leave to go check on him, but was very cute about it - asked for something from my purse to take with him so he'd "have to come back and return it", took my number and called to made sure I had his and everything. So he caught a cab to go check on his friend, of course I didn't hear back from him that night, so I fell asleep thinking that was that.

But then he actually texted the next day, which completely surprised me. He apologized for not coming back and we texted back and forth the rest of the day/evening. The next evening, he texted me quite late and we texted back and forth for an hour or so. None of it was very substantial - actually, lots of it was straight up dirty. As we were going to sleep, he said he'd talk to me the next day. I didn't hear from him the next day (which was yesterday).

So, I know from reading this that it's pretty obvious that this was just a drunken one night thing. We've talked about meeting up again and he seemed very in to the idea. We live in different cities so it's not like one of us could just pop over whenever we had an itch that needed to be scratched, but it's close enough that going for the day/weekend is totally feasible (which I often do since it's where my family lives). I think the fact that he actually texted the next day/that we've had a few conversations is a good sign, but now I have no idea if/when I should text.

I'm not sure if this is actually worth pursuing or if I should just let it go. Any advice?

Leave it a few days, but DO text! Guys don't have to make all the moves, you know?

Maybe text him on Friday asking if he wants to hang out during the weekend?

It might have been a one night drunken thing, but it might be a regular thing and, who knows, it might even turn out to be an actual thing!

Text on Friday. See if he replies. then go from there! If he doesn't reply though, let it go and don't text him anymore!

He texted but mostly dirty talk? Doesn't sound like much of a catch to me. Whatever he focused on in texts, tells you what he was interested in. Was it romance or something else?

Since he's leading with dirty texting, I think you know what he's most interested in, which is hooking up and probably not anything beyond that. If that is all you want or would be a nice distraction for you, do it, but do it safe. If you tend to fall for every guy you sleep with, don't do it!

Frank2thepoint
None of it was very substantial - actually, lots of it was straight up dirty.

Straight up, this guys is only considering you a booty call. As I guy, if I had a one night stand, and send dirty texts on subsequent messaging, I wouldn't think about having a serious relationship, just sexual with the woman.

I'm not sure if this is actually worth pursuing or if I should just let it go. Any advice?

If you want to pursue this as a sexual relationship then continue on. If you want it to transition to something serious, your odds aren't looking good.

Since he's leading with dirty texting, I think you know what he's most interested in, which is hooking up and probably not anything beyond that. If that is all you want or would be a nice distraction for you, do it, but do it safe. If you tend to fall for every guy you sleep with, don't do it!

Exactly this.