Dating a female friend

I will not be making this in to a novel, but just basically giving the readers the reader digest version. I've known the female that I am dating for a little over 6 years not a personal level but more on a social level i.e. sporting events, bars etc. When we would hang out, it would be more on a friend type level. Fast forward to the beginning of this year. We started hanging out more often on a weekly basis and then almost daily.

No one really knows that we have been seeing each other more than friends as of now. I am really starting to like her and she is the complete opposite of me she is basically a social butterfly.

Now just wanted to know peoples input on what to do especially a females point of view because when we are together it is like we are a couple and what not. When she is with her friends or family and I am not with her I am basically nonexistent and really won't hear from her except from an occasional text if i decide to text her. She knows that I like her and enjoying being with her because I have expressed it to her. Just really confused on this situation because I have never been in this type of situation before. Thanks for the time reading.

• Author
You're hanging out more often. But explain how you're "dating"? Are you exclusive?

Exclusive as boyfriend and girlfriend I would say no, we go on dates and hang out whenever our schedules lets us since we have both different schedules. We text more than talk on the phone at times also.

Candy_Pants

What's the difference between a date and hanging out?

I'm asking, "what happened"? How did it change from friends to dating? A talk about liking eachother? Sex? What?

• Author

We have had sex, and it just went from friends to dating. Something that just happened after saw her I asked her out on a date and from there it just sort of spiraled. We text through out the day, but she knows there is really no communication between us because all we do is text. We recently went out for drinks and had a talk not much about where we stand but I mentioned to her the lack of communication because I really don't know her schedule or what she is doing until she is doing it or after.

I don't to come off as someone possessive knowing her every actions of the day. But I would like to know where we stand. I have brought it up but she has kind of brushed it off. So I am just thinking of asking her just were do we stand. If we are just casually dating or dating exclusively. Don't really want to spend my time and effort on someone that is just going to consider me as a casual date when ever she has the time or what not.