Should I just cut ties with this friendship?

So I have a female friend who's been one of the better female friends though out my High School days. We're both in our 3rd year of college and have lost contact a bit, but we see each other 1-2 times a year.

Around last week I shot her a text saying "Hey stranger."

She replied with "Who is this?"

Fair enough. She probably got a new phone and lost a few of her numbers. I sent back "this is ...."

I didn't get a reply. Two days later I sent, asking if I had the right number for (friend's name.) Still no reply.

Now it's possible that she got a new number, but I not really going with that. it's been about a week now and I don't know if I should try again or consider this a lost friend. I'm starting to think that I shouldn't be friends who act like this, but there could be a simple explanation to it. I dunno...

Opinions?

Edited by iDrumKing

Do you have any mutual friends? If so, you can ask them for her number.

Otherwise, I say let this go as there doesn't seem to be much of an attachment to her/the friendship anyway.

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you have any mutual friends? If so, you can ask them for her number.

Otherwise, I say let this go as there doesn't seem to be much of an attachment to her/the friendship anyway.

I would reach out to our mutual friends though I also recently messaged her on FB. Still no response...

What shame...

Oh, I see. Yeah... unless she hasn't been on FB since then, I'm sorry to say it's a friendship that has fizzled out for now. <3 I'm sorry. :( <3

• Author
Oh, I see. Yeah... unless she hasn't been on FB since then, I'm sorry to say it's a friendship that has fizzled out for now. <3 I'm sorry. :( <3

It's all good. Keeping connected with all of my friends is very important to me. It's a 'I'd rather see you once every 10 years, than never seeing you again.'

It's no hard feelings, people just... move on.

But I'm getting older and I'm starting to see that some people will be with me for a lifetime and some will be with me only for a season.

That's a very mature attitude (and perspective) to have, IDK... you're much more mature about this sort of thing than I was at 21 (I found it really hard to let go of people). :) I'm proud of you!

• Like 1
  • Author
That's a very mature attitude (and perspective) to have, IDK... you're much more mature about this sort of thing than I was at 21 (I found it really hard to let go of people). :) I'm proud of you!

Thanks sooshi :). BTW I'm woking my way through your threads, I wanna give you my opinion on your situation, but I wanna get as much info as I can :)

Awww, thanks, IDK! That's so incredibly sweet of you and I didn't/don't expect that at all. But thank you so much! :)