Why did he kinda ignore me when he invited me to the party?

Ok, so this guy I have been liking texted me tonight at 8:30 saying "Hey what are you doing?" "You should come to Paul's bonfire" I didn't get the message til 10:45 cause I wasn't looking at my phone, lol, and I was at a party at that time, so then I texted him back, and I went to Paul's bonfire, but I arrived there at 12:15.

It was really awkward, cause it was kinda silent. Like 6 guys were there including the guy I like (Ryan) so what's weird is that Ryan kinda ignored me. He wasn't overly friendly, but he wasn't rude, he did speak to me, like he said "What did you do tonight?" I said "That my friend I can't disclose, haha" He just sighs. Ryan was kinda quiet with me, and I said "Where's Carl?" He said "Carl Left! You can't show up at 12:30 and expect it to be a party, haha" I was like "Sorry but I always thought that's when the party starts, haha" and he just laughed.

So they all wanted to go to the bar and since I am 20 and not old enough, I said I'll see you guys, and Ryan said "Bye Danielle Love you!"

I feel stupid even going there cause it was kinda awkward for me. Also I don't understand why Ryan would text me to invite me and then I was there he barely engaged with me, and didn't hug me or nothing, like why would you invite me then? He did say though they have been drinking since 3pm and it's 1am and they went to the bar, so go figure, lol.

Should I be offended? Like why would he invite me, but then kinda ignore me in a way? Is it shyness? Because he was drunk? Like what do you think? Thank you!

Oh boy. He asked what you did tonight, and you told him (jokingly, I get it) that you couldn't tell him.

The sigh tells me he assumed you were on a date with someone else. If he truly likes you, this was a blow.

Then you turned around and asked about Carl! Ouch.

He was hoping you'd show up earlier. And with a more evident interest in HIM.

• Like 2

He was awkward because he thought you had blown him off & only shown up later as a fall back. . . like he was your 2nd choice because your 1st choice didn't work out but then again that's what he gets for the last minute text. Unless the bonfire was a spur of the moment thing, why couldn't he have asked earlier?

There was miscommunication on both sides. Don't let it dereail your relationship before it begins.

I'd send him a flirty text today saying you wish you had gotten the message / invite earlier. Maybe next time.

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh boy. He asked what you did tonight, and you told him (jokingly, I get it) that you couldn't tell him.

The sigh tells me he assumed you were on a date with someone else. If he truly likes you, this was a blow.

Then you turned around and asked about Carl! Ouch.

He was hoping you'd show up earlier. And with a more evident interest in HIM.

Yeah, I see. I was kinda drunk and I also said to my friend Chris I said "Hey Chris do you remember that guy with blonde shaggy hair? What was"... and then I was interrupted by Ryan and he said "Chris, I never seen anyone so indecisive in my life, are we going to the bar or not, what are we doing man?" I didn't think of it until I was sober that it was kinda ****ty for me to say that. I am so embarrassed now, lol. I feel bad too! Thank you for commenting! I do realize it now. :(

• Like 1
  • Author
He was awkward because he thought you had blown him off & only shown up later as a fall back. . . like he was your 2nd choice because your 1st choice didn't work out but then again that's what he gets for the last minute text. Unless the bonfire was a spur of the moment thing, why couldn't he have asked earlier?

There was miscommunication on both sides. Don't let it dereail your relationship before it begins.

I'd send him a flirty text today saying you wish you had gotten the message / invite earlier. Maybe next time.

True! It probably did appear that way. I was at a party, so it was a thing where Paul's fire was second choice, but however I didn't see the text until like 10:45 but still, I see. I am so embarrassed to text him, and I don't really know what to say, cause I do feel bad, and I wish I wouldn't have gone honestly. But thank you for commenting! I just am too embarrassed now to text him :(

I just am too embarrassed now to text him :(

Understandable but you need to reach out if you hope for this to be OK. The worst thing that can happen is he doesn't respond but then you will know. It will still be waaaaayyyyy better then wondering what if. The longer you wait the harder it will be.