Is this a date?

Hi everyone,

I have been speaking to this older guy (I am in my late twenties and he is in his late forties) for on and off a year. We met properly last year as we have mutual friends and seen eachother in passing. Well last year we talked for hours and exchanged numbers and I had a crush on him, we have so much in common, like the same things etc and stupidly when I was out with the girls I drunkenly text him saying I had a crush on him. He said he was not interested and liked another girl he said this to a mutual friend who then told me.

So I moved on and got into a relationship and as soon I got into a relationship all contact went, it was like he was annoyed with me, I would occasionally text him to see if he was ok as he gets very depressed. I wouldn't hear anything back from him. So I dismissed it and carried on with my relationship.

I ended my relationship a few months ago as it was not working out. I got back in touch with the guy and he messaged me back saying how he thinks of me very often. So he said he fancied seeing a movie and asked whether I wanted to watch a film with him, I said yes that would be good. He has a very busy job who he gets called out to all the time and said that he would look at his rota. I didn't hear back from for a couple of weeks (its the usual with him as he doesn't like texting) so I asked him whether he still fancied going to the cinema and he text me back straight away with his work rota and asked me when I was free. I text back saying when I was available and he replied that he wants to meet up before the cinema to arrange a time and transport.

Is this a date? I am quite confused lol :laugh:

No. A date consists of a time, place and day of the week when two or more people are all onboard to meet. Do you have info on all three of these elements? If so, then you got yourself a date!

• Like 1
  • Author
No. A date consists of a time, place and day of the week when two or more people are all onboard to meet. Do you have info on all three of these elements? If so, then you got yourself a date!

We are meeting up at the cinema on a day when we are both off (in a weeks time) but we are meeting up before that to work out a time and what to see at the cinema (I was happy to get a taxi as I do not drive but he insists on picking me up lol)

I'm nervous about seeing him again, I haven't seen him in a awhile :o

• Like 1

Since you have already confessed your infatuation with him, yes it is a date, and he will not be expecting to have to work very hard....but that's okay I guess as you've known each other for a bit and he didn't drop someone to cheat with you. Use the date to really get to know him, asking him things, to let him know you're not just a shallow girl ready to hop into bed but genuinely interested in seeing if he's a good guy or not.

• Like 1

It's a date, but someone's going to have to spell that out or clear it up. However one of you does that's up to you or him. Otherwise you'll go on this obviously-a-date, and be there all evening, and have a nice time, and no moves get made, and you come home and shut the door and say to yourself "what the **** was that" and neither of you are any the wiser. Trust me I have done this too many times. If you have to, ****ing SAY "is this a date" or even better "i want this to be a date" and then you're on the right page.

• Author

So I met up with my crush and we agreed on the day and I would message him on times for the film we agreed on. We talked for over 3 hours and he gave me a hug when we were saying goodbye to eachother which was surprising as he is not known to hug people lol.

He also said that he would need to get bits and bobs for his flat so in his words 'you can come over and my mates also' is this a good sign?

I forgot how goodlooking he was lol :love: i text him saying thankyou for coming over etc and he said he enjoyed my company.

So is the cinema a date? Do you think he likes me?