can exs be friends?

Ex boyfriend broke up with me two yrs ago. We were together for 6yrs. Break up was out of the blue. He states we will never be a couple because it just doesnt work. He is back in my life now. We are trying to be friends. He did step over the boundaries of wanting to be fwb. But I confronted him and said why cant we work it out. I said hes scared of commitment. I told him we need to respect each other boundries. He agreed. I wish we could have a second chance cause nothing was really wrong with our relationship. Our situations is what hot us. But our situations are good now.

Can exs be friends?

Michelle ma Belle

Oh YES! :)

Having said that, the truth of the matter is that it only really works if you BOTH want it. Usually it works best when you can take some time apart to regroup, heal, make peace with the break-up, etc. before attempting to salvage any kind of friendship.

I also must commend you for having the courage and foresight to put into place some boundaries and sticking to them - BRAVO!! That is another VERY important ingredient to include when you're moving from a romantic relationship into a friendship as it can get confusing and complicated otherwise.

I am living proof that romantic love can blossom into great friendships in the end.

Yes, in theory but you don't want to be just friends. You are already starting this by being dishonest about what you want . You say friends then wonder why you can't have a relationship now that things are better. You also mention FWB. The minute add sex into the mix, true friendship is often out the window.

• Author

Hes the one that mentioned it we can either be friends or fwb. I told him friends because if he wants fwb then why not work it out. I did mention trying to get back together but he doesnt want that . So I have to respect the fact it will not happen. Yes I was being dishonest with myself but I will respect his wishes.

There will always be that tension, you gave enough reasons allready. You just accepted the friendship but you considered a relationship and he offered fwb.

This is allready not going to go as you expect it, sorry.

Bur you can try, people always do it regardless.

Truthfull answer.

No -99% of the time

Yes -1% (In THEORY, lol)

Good LUCK :D. Speaking from personal experience and girl stories from friends, they always complain to me.

God i have to many "girl" friends.

Then there is your answer. You can't be friends with him because he doesn't want to be friends with you. All he wants is sex without a commitment.

ThatGirl213

He just wants to use you. Don't let him take advantage of you like that. He knows you still have feelings for him and he is trying to use that to his advantage. Sorry but you cannot be friends with benefits with an ex you still have feelings. Heck you can't even be friends. He will use you and throw you away as he please. Don't fall for that.

I'm amazed that I meet the girls who offer FWB over just friendship with me.

Yes, it works. For a special sort of people...

EDIT: To clarify, my ex and I are still friends that hook up occassionally. We don't complicate anything, and theres no feelings involved other than extreme care for each other.