How to blow off a FWB who's blown you off?

Could anyone advise me on this?

I've a FWB who distanced himself and stopped contacting me.

Now he's contacting me again. Honestly, we're really not a match for a relationship, so I haven't any fantasies on that score; however, it is nice to feel wanted and desired, so I'm a bit of a woman scorned.

I've been on a few dates in the interim with nothing sexual happening.

Should I let this FWB know that I've found someone else and am moving on? This is the truth, as I don't want to see him again. How can I let him know that other men find me more interesting than he did without sounding too much like I have a case of sour grapes?

What should I say exactly?

• Author
If you want to hurt his feelings just tell him you've moved on to bigger things!

Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it! :lmao:

But you're sooo cruel...

• Like 1
  • Author

No. I haven't developed feelings. It's just that I'm not used to being the one who gets blown off. Though, I do try to be nice about it when I do the blowing off. (double entendre intended!). My ego is hurt, that's all. I can take it.

Back in the day I had several FWBs. with some of them it went on for years. Usually all it took was for one or the other of us to be "busy" a few times and that was that.

It went something like this -

FWB- Hey Oldshirt, I'm gonna be in town tomorrow, wanna get together?

Me - Oh shoot, afraid I'm not gonna be around tomorrow.

After about 2-3 times of that, I never heard from them again.

Or it went down like this -

Me - Hi FWB, I haven't seen you in awhile, Wanna grab a bite for lunch tomorrow and get a little caught up and maybe relive a few fond memories?

FWB - Ha ha, sounds fun but I've been really busy lately. I'll give you a call some time when I have some time.

And one day it happened like this -

FWB - Hey can I come over and have you take a look at my car? it's making a funny noise.

Me- Sure I'll take a look, but my fiance' is going to be here so that's all I'm going to look at.

FWB - "click"

Well it's been over 20 years so I guess she's been really busy.

My point to all of this is if it's an actual FWB situation, all it takes to end it is to not call again or not go along with it if the other one calls. If you don't get together again it just dies a natural death with no fuss, no fanfare and no drama.

Relationships end. FWBs just don't get together anymore after awhile.

• Like 1