I'm a female and im in love with my female best friend

I'm in love with my female best friend but the problem is that she is religious and has a boyfriend, and the worst part is that im religious and have a boyfriend too. Do not get me wrong i would not ever do anything to hurt my boyfriend i love him to death i want to marry him and live with him the rest of my life, but is it wrong to want to be able to love and be with her for the rest of my life too? A sexual attraction to her is prohibited by my faith but i don't see her and think about the physicality of our relationship. I do like when she hugs me or randomly kisses my cheek or grabs my hand while we are walking but i don't want to hurt either of thm.:confused:

try imagining her reaction if you were to confess it to her. what confuses me is that if you love your bf and want to spend the rest of your life with him...why does this friend and your feelings towards her matter at all? id say if shes a sport, confess it to her.. but a lot of things would be at stake. eg your friendship.

devilish innocent

I don't have a problem with two women being together, but this would be wrong because you're both in other relationships. You need to ask yourself if your feelings for her are hurting your relationship with your boyfriend in any way. If they are, then it may be a good idea to get some distance from her so you can focus more on him.

imtooconfused

My personal feeling is that it is impossible to 'love' two people at the same time. You can have feelings for more than one person, crushes on more than one person, but loving, as in 'being in love,' 'only want to spend time with that person kind of love' with more than one person is hard to comprehend.

• Like 1

Are you confusing friendship with romantic interest? Your post was a little confusing but it looks like you don't have sexual feelings for her?

If not, then great - she is a wonderful friend, and you can have her in your life for as long as you want.

But if so, you have to decide what you really want, and go for it. Either commit to your boyfriend, or take a risk and talk to your friend about your feelings.