How do I show this girl I like her, without ruining the friendship?

thishatteredsymphony

thishatteredsymphony

First time posting in this forum, I've been sticking mostly to the Break Up section.

So, a little back story... I got out of a long term relationship two months ago. Very nasty end to what was a wonderful relationship at least to me. A very good friend of mine got in touch with me after the break up and she has been talking to me ever since. We've even hung out a couple times now. And lately, I'm really starting to fall for this girl. She's everything my ex isn't, both in personality and in looks and I mean all of that in the best way possible. I consider her to be one of my closest friends. Since my break up I've been doing a lot of things for myself and I feel more happy and at peace with myself. I enjoy being around her; she makes me laugh, we can talk about so many things, and I feel even better when I'm around her.

Two days ago I sent my friend some flowers. It was a bit impulsive but I did it anyway. I sent them to her anonymously because I wanted to make sure she loved them first (yes, I know this is a bit cowardly, but it doesn't matter). Turns out she loved them a lot and then I told her they were from me. HERE'S THE THING! I did NOT send them to tell her I like her. I sent them to tell her she's a great friend and thank you for being there for me when I went through my break up. She was really surprised and happy for the flowers and even complimented me on getting her purple flowers as purple is her favorite color.

I really do have some very strong feelings for my friend. I don't want to continue to ignore them out of fear of getting hurt again. I feel I have nothing to lose because I think we're great enough friends that even if she doesn't feel the same way, this shouldn't hurt our friendship. I believe I owe it to myself and to her to be honest about my feelings, but I am a bit hesitant. Any advice? What can I do to SHOW (i.e., not tell) her how I feel.

If it matters, she's 24, I'm 23.

I would ask her out on a date, or at least for lunch or a walk in the park, etc. It may be unclear to her now if you have romantic feelings for her. I think by asking her out it will definitely show her that you like her. Actions speak louder than words, and if you are calling her, picking her up, etc. for a date, that is a good start.

PinkPrincess910

Being the girl in a relationship that mirrors this, talk to her. If you guys have this fantastic friendship, explain that you really think adding another level of the relationship makes sense and that you really want to see if it works out, and if it doesn't you can always go back to be just friends.